Groups are an ideal space for teams to work together. With built-in apps and admin capabilities, groups helps teams communicate better and work faster.
Creating a new Group.
There are three types of groups that can be created in Zoho Connect:
- Open - All members in the network can view conversations and make posts or comments in the group, access the built-in apps such as Files, Manuals, Events, and Custom Apps and request to join this group.
- Public - All members in the network can view group conversations,post and comment in the group. However, they do not have access to the built-in apps, and only the admin can add members.
- Private - Only members can view and access the group.
Group type can be changed anytime later in the Group Settings page.
To create a new group:
- Click Groups in the left menu, and in the new page, click the "+" in the top-right corner.
- Enter the Group name, description, set the access level (Open, Public, or Private), and add members.
- To add members from an existing Zoho org group to this one, click the icon in the right end of the Add Members field.
- From the dropdown, select your org group.
- Click Create.
Note: Depending on the policies set by the admin, all network members may or may not be allowed to create groups.
Enabling/Disabling apps for your group.
Depending on the purpose of your group, you can enable/disable specific apps for your group.
Apps available at the group level
- Custom Apps: With a simple drag and drop interface, use intelligent forms to build an app that helps automate some of your team's work.
- Events: It could be a team meeting or the launch of a new campaign, create events, and help your team keep an updated schedule.
- Files: A document management system for your team to create and organize files.
- Manuals: Build a knowledge base for your team.
To enable or disable these apps:
- Go to the specific Group.
- Click the Feeds dropdown at the top, next to the Group name.
- Click Manage Apps.
- Use the toggle to enable or disable specific apps.