Zoho Connect, a collaboration tool for teams businesses, is designed to improve the exchange of ideas and information across various teams, and the entire organization, irrespective of the geographical location of it's members.
Signing up for Zoho Connect:
New users interested in signing up for Zoho Connect can do so by visiting https://www.zoho.com/connect/ and following these quick steps:
- Enter your company name, and email address.
- Type in your password, and then click on Sign up for free.
- You will receive a verification email. Click on the link in the email to complete the verification, and start using Zoho Connect.
Users can also access Zoho using their Google/Yahoo credentials. Please refer to the Zoho Single sign-on Help page for more information.
Registered Zoho users can proceed to use Zoho Connect by logging in with their Zoho credentials.
Create your network
Creating your own network is the first step in ensuring that you have the necessary tools to collaborate with members, within and outside your organization.
When you sign up for Zoho Connect, you can choose between an internal network, or an external network.
An exclusive space for all your co-workers to get work done, together. Only users belonging to the same organization can be a part of an internal network. Users can be a part of only one internal network at a time. To add users outside your organization, you can select an external network.
External networks come with the same set of features as an internal network, but you can also include your partners, vendors and other stakeholders outside the organization in this network, and work together with them. You can create unlimited external networks, and a user can be part of any number of external networks.
- Choose the network type you would like to create
- After you've decided, fill in details such as name, URL and details of the network.
- Click on Create.
Getting Started Guide
Once you have completed signing- up for Zoho Connect, a Getting Started guide appears on the screen, to help you complete some of the steps to set up your network. You can invite users,in this section.
Get your entire organization, or partners, vendors and clients on board, by inviting them to be a part your network, making it simpler for all of you to work together, from any location. Organization and network administratosr can invite users anytime later.
To Invite users by mail:
- In the Getting Started guide, click on the Invite users tab.
- Add individual email addresses, separated by commas, and click on Invite & Next. There is no limit to the number of users that can be added to your network.
Invite users by bulk import
Organization and network admins can add users to the network, anytime later through bulk import as well. To do this, you will have to create a .csv file in your computer, containing the email addresses of all the users to be added.
To invite users by By Bulk Import,
- From your My Feed, or People page, click on Invite users to network, seen in the top-right part of the page.
- In the new pop-up, click on Bulk Import.
- Click on Choose File.
- Once you've added the file from your computer, click Upload.
- All the email addresses that you've added in the .csv file gets listed down.
- If you want to remove an email address, click on the "X" mark on the right.
- Click Send Invite.
Zoho Connect automatically removes repeated email addresses in the file after you upload it.
Creating additional external networks
Create additional external networks, anytime and add users outside your organization to collaborate better, while still keeping your intranet private.
Only organization, and network administrators can create an external network, by following these steps:
- Once you're logged in to Zoho Connect, click on My Networks from the drop-down menu in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click on +Add Network.
- In the new page, enter name, URL and description, and click Create.
- You can decide if your intranet users can participate in the external network, by checking the Allow intranet users to participate option below.
- Click on Create.
You can switch between the internal and external network using the drop down list near the network name in the top-left part of the page.