Zoho Connect is a private social network for your businesses. Zoho Connect is designed specifically for businesses that would want to improve the exchange of ideas and information across teams, organizations, and locations.
Registering New Account :
New users interested in registering with Zoho can do so by either visiting a specific Zoho service sign-in page, say Zoho Connect (http://connect.zoho.com/) or by directly going to the Zoho (http://www.zoho.com) page. Once the users are directed to any of these pages they have to click the "Sign Up" link and proceed by entering the details required to set up an account with Zoho.
A typical Zoho sign-up page will look like the one below. Users need to provide company name, email address, username.
Users can also access Zoho using their Google/Yahoo credentials. Please refer the Zoho Single sign-on Help page for more information.
Signing- In or Signing up for Zoho Connect :
You must be registered Zoho User to use the Zoho Connect service. Registered users can sign-in into Zoho and proceed to use Zoho Connect. Alternatively, one can also directly log in into Zoho Connect. To use Zoho Connect:
- Visit the Zoho Connect Home page at (http://connect.zoho.com)
- In the company name, enter company name
- In the email address box, enter email address.
- In the username, type in your username, and then click the Sign Up button.
- Once your login is authenticated, your Home page will be displayed.
- Users can also access Zoho using their Google/Yahoo! credentials. For accessing Zoho services users can visit Zoho's main page http://www.zoho.com/, and enter their Google or Yahoo! account details by clicking on the appropriate link present in the "Sign In" box at the top right corner. Once you login, you can view Zoho Connect's interface.
Setting up network on Zoho connect
Once you've signed up, you can choose to create either internal or external network.
- Choose the network type you would like to create
- After choosing the respective network you wish to create fill in details such as name , URL and details of the network
- Click on create button
Once you have completed signing- up for Zoho Connect, the very first time a wizard like widget appears on the screen, that helps you complete some of the steps in setting up the network for the first time.This Getting started wizard contains the following sections that make network setting an easier task.
- Complete User profile information - You and your employees you invite can fill in details of profile information
- Invite users - You can invite users by just adding the email ids and separating them with commas
- Add Groups - Click on pre-created groups and invite members. You can also choose to create new custom groups
- Kick-Start collaboration - This section is like flash action cards, that leads you to the area in Zoho Connect, where you could start collaboration on a specific task
At any point if you wish to skip the wizard, you can click "X" mark on the right corner of the widget. This can be accessed drop down- menu on the right side where a small profile picture with navigation arrow exists.
Creating additional external network
Create additional external networks and add users outside your organization.You can create external virtual groups, and collaborate easily, while your intranet remains private.
To create an external network portal,
- Click 'Create new network' on the drop down menu on the portal title
- You will be directed to a new page. Enter name, URL and description and click create.
- Click 'Invite users' to add members to your new external network.
- Only the administrator of the organization can create an external network
- You can switch between the internal and external network using the quick link under drop down list near the network name.