How Nature Foody to Your Skinovercame security breach and grew5x stronger by revenue and brand name.
CEO, Nature Foody to your Skin
Nature Foody to Your Skin was founded by Roshini Jerald to provide chemical-free beauty at an affordable price. While green brands are not new to the market, existing brands that are similar tend to use the word "organic" as an excuse to hike prices way up. Roshini's goal was to help people improve their skin in a safe way without breaking the bank.
Through word of mouth and organic influencers, the company's Instagram followers grew. For a business that makes an annual revenue over 0.8 Million USD (6 crores INR), it became hectic to manage selling only on Instagram. Roshini was in need of help. That's when she decided to open an online store.
Since she came from a non-tech background, she approached a website developer who agreed to set up her site for about 1000 USD (₹70,000 INR). She was also charged about 15 USD (₹1000 INR) more whenever minor edits were made to the website, even something as simple as adding a product or a description.
Then things took a turn for the worse. Since the website was built from scratch, the developers somehow managed to find a loophole to steal data. They were keeping track of how many orders she got everyday, her revenue, and its growth. Her customers started getting mailers degrading her brand and offering similar products at a very low price. Eventually she had to shut the website down and look for other platforms. That's when a friend of hers introduced her to Zoho Commerce.
With the personal help of Zoho's support engineers, Roshini's onboarding process went smoothly. Commerce was able to offer solutions to all the problems she was facing from the beginning in taking her business online. From zero privacy from the developers to loop holes in extracting her customer's information, she was able to overcome all of it by switching to Zoho Commerce.
Results and benefits
- With access to her sales stats, she was able to better structure her marketing plans.
- Commerce's extensive global features sprovided what she needed to branch into international markets.
- Having a highly secured website meant streamlined order management.
- GST-ready invoices prepared her for filing tax easily.
- Tax rule configuration made it easy for her to manage her million dollar business effectively.
- More shipping zones meant she could ship products to countries she'd always wanted to, as well as knowing their respective delivery charges immediately.
I love the way your people helped us get back online in such short duration merely with your support and guidance.