How to configure desktop notifications?
Desktop notifications are browser notifications that will pop-up for new messages. Clicking on this pop-up will take you to the respective chat.
When a user signs-in to Cliq for the first time, a pop-up will be displayed to enable Desktop notifications. Clicking on 'Enable Notifications' will ask permission to allow browser to send you notifications for Cliq.
The desktop notification can be further customized in Cliq. Go to User Panel -> Settings -> Notifications -> Desktop and select your preferences. Here you can configure for what you would like to be notified in your desktop:
- All messages - notifications will be triggered for all messages, i.e. 1-1 chats, group chats, channels and bots
- One - One chats - notifications will be triggered for only 1-1 chats
- Mention - notifications will be triggered for each time you are being @mentioned or #tagged
- Event reminders - notifications will be triggered when you receive reminders for events
- Once my contact's status change - notifications will be triggered for changes in status of all your contacts, i.e. preset status (Available and Busy) and custom status
Apart from this you can also choose to view preview in your notifications, i.e. the user name and message will be displayed.
- You will not receive desktop notifications if you have turned them off in your browser. Under browser settings enable Notifications to receive desktop notifications in Cliq.
- You will receive desktop notifications even when you have turned them off or muted the conversation. This happens if you were mentioned in a chat/channel.