Continue your communications in Cliq right from where you left off in Slack! This migration wizard will help import all your data from Slack—channels, messages and users without loss of chat history or context.
Note: The data you can export from Slack depends on your Slack plan.
Table of contents
Exporting from Slack
- To export your data from Slack, you need to go to settings under your profile. Your Profile -> Administration -> Workspace settings -> Import/Export Data.
Hint: Before clicking on Import/Export Data, make sure that you have enabled 'Email Display' under Settings in your slack account. This is very crucial for the migration to happen.
- Under Export section you will be able to see the data which is included and also that which will not be included in your export zip file.
- Click on Start Export button. Your request will be processed and the export will start.
- After the export is done, click on Ready for download under Your Workspace's Exports. Your data will now be downloaded to your computer/laptop as a zip file.
#1. Import/Export Data under Settings & Permissions
#2. Start your export and download it once done
Importing to Cliq
- In your Cliq application, click on your profile picture in top right corner and select Migrate from Slack.
- In the new tab that opens, click on Get Started. The following screen will display the steps for exporting your data from Slack.
- Next, upload the exported slack zip file and click Import to Cliq.
- The screen will display the list of users who will be invited to Cliq. It will also display your slack channels from which you can choose the channels that you want to import to Cliq.
- Next you will have to select under which Team you want the Channels to be imported to and click Confirm.
#3. Select Migrate from Slack under My Organization
#4. Get started with migration from Slack to Cliq
#5. Exported Slack zip file uploaded successfully
#6. List of users and channels displayed from the exported file, and selection of channels to be imported.
#7. Selecting the team in Cliq under which slack channels should be imported
- The migration will be in progress and once done a success message will be displayed on screen along with the number of Users, Channels and Messages imported. An email will be mailed to you stating the same.
- The users imported successfully will receive an email inviting them to be a part of Zoho. On accessing the CTA button in that mail they will be navigated to your Cliq organization.
#8. Migration success
- If the exported users are part of another Cliq organization, then they cannot be migrated into your Cliq organization. In such cases, a Failure status will be displayed in the Migration Completed screen stating this reason.
- The migrated channels will be imported to your Cliq account and you can access them under your channels.
Note: If a channel with the same name already exists in Cliq, then the imported channels will be displayed as _slack along with its name, i.e. #general_slack, #ui-design_slack
Sometimes you will receive an error message when trying to upload the exported Slack zip file. When this happens, you just need to carry out one simple step in your Slack account.
- Under Settings & Permissions scroll down to Email Display and Expand it.
- Enable Display email addresses option and click Save.
#9. Email display settings
- Go to Import/Export Data and import your files once again.
- Now refresh the migration page in Zoho Cliq and upload your latest exported Slack file.
- If you still face trouble, write to us at support(at)zohocliq(dot)com