How to set a reminder?
You can set a reminder in 4 easy ways:
- Icon in topbar
- Quick Plus
- Message Actions
1. Creating reminder through icon
- Click on the reminder icon in top bar of Cliq and the reminder panel will appear on screen.
- On the field 'Add new reminder' type what you need to be reminded about.
- Click on clock icon to set the time. The selected time will be saved automatically.
- If you want to assign the reminder to others, then click the @icon and type to select users or a chat (group chats and channels), and click Save.
In case of group chats and channels, only one can be selected at a time.
- Once the above steps are done, press Enter to create your reminder.
Note: You can also set the reminder without a time. But we strongly recommend setting a time, so that notifications will be received.
2. Creating reminder through Quick Plus
- Click the Quick Plus icon next to Search Bar on top and select Set a Reminder.
- In the pop-up that appears, enter your reminder, set a time, and if this reminder is to be assigned then under @ icon type and select users or a chat.
If the reminder is for you, you have to only set the time.
- Once the time is set and users selected, click Enter.
3. Creating reminder through Message Actions
- Any message you want can be set as a reminder for yourself.
- Hover on the message, click the Message Actions icon and select Set Reminder.
- You can choose a time from the given options or set a custom time. If the message has a time specified in it, then that time will also be displayed in the options for you to choose from.
4. Creating reminder through command
- Use /remind to create a reminder from any chat window.
- Creating reminder through the command will not post the reminder in that chat. It will be displayed only for you to see.
/remind (@user) (reminder content) (at time)
Examples: /remind @userreminder content at time
- /remind @scottMeet with Andy from Design Scopeat thursday 3pm
- /remind @olivia@abigail Finish the review of product pricing plan doc at july 24
- /remind Read Miller's blogat 6pm today
Note: If you set a reminder with just a date, then by default 9 AM will be the reminder time.