Schedulers in Zoho Cliq
Schedulers in Cliq help in automating all your routine tasks. The scheduler can be triggered to execute at different time periods and can also be scheduled for repeated execution, be it every day, weekly or every month as well. Implement a simple scheduler that fetches the recent email campaign reports and posts it on the #marketing channel or gets your list of To-Dos from your favorite note taking application and post it on your personal bot. A scheduler when executed can post the response in a channel or chat or bot. In this page, you'll learn how to create, edit and delete schedulers.
How to create a scheduler?
Create a scheduler by following the below given steps:
- Click on the your display picture and select Bots and Tools
- From the integrations page select Schedulers that appear as the fifth option.
- Click Create Scheduler.
- Give your scheduler name, description and configure your scheduler's recurring period.
Configure the recurring time for your scheduler in the Recurring Period section. The following options are available :
1. Executing your scheduler everyday
Choose the Daily option if you would like to run the scheduler every day.
2. Executing your scheduler weekly
Choose this option if you would like to run the scheduler weekly on a particular day (only on Monday, for example) or on all days of the week. Multiple selections are allowed as well.
3. Executing your scheduler monthly
Choose this option if you would like to program a scheduler for the entire month. The scheduler can be set to run based on two options:
- Dates - Run your scheduler on particular dates, like say only on the 1st and 12th of every month.
- Weekly - Run your scheduler for specific weeks in a month. For example, a scheduler that is executed only on the 1st and 3rd week of a month. Selecting this option will again prompt you to choose a day of the week to execute the scheduler.
Time of Execution
The final leg involves selecting the Time of Execution for your scheduler. This is mandatory for all the recurring period types.
The Scheduled Repeated Execution option appears only when the recurring period is set as Weekly or Monthly.
Clicking on your scheduler name will open the Scheduler's preview. This preview will have the following details :
- Recurring Period
- Most recent execution
- Upcoming scheduled execution
- Trial Run: The trial run button in the scheduler preview can be used to test the working of the scheduler. An example is shown below.
- Edit Configurations: Click on the 'Edit configurations' option in the preview to edit the scheduler's configurations, such as the recurring period or time of execution.
Editing a Scheduler:
Edit Configurations of a scheduler:
- To edit a scheduler click on the respective scheduler's name.
- This will open the Scheduler Preview
- Click on the Edit Configurations option and edit your scheduler details.
Editing the code of a scheduler:
Hover over the scheduler's name to find the 'Edit Code' option. Click on this option to edit the scheduler's code in the deluge editor.
Note: You can turn the scheduler ON and OFF anytime by clicking on the toggle button, which is present on the right side of your scheduler's configuration
Deleting a Scheduler:
- Delete a scheduler by clicking on the icon of that respective scheduler.
- Clicking on this icon will show a confirmation prompt, as shown.
- Once you click on the Delete button, the scheduler will be deleted. Note that any action associated with this scheduler will be ineffective. A scheduler once deleted cannot be retrieved back.