How to customize access for specific modules?
As the admin, you can allow and restrict access to whole modules in your Cliq organization. To do so, open Admin Panel by clicking on your Profile Picture in Cliq. In the Admin Panel that opens, under Customization click Modules.
Modules configuration is available under Paid plan and in Zoho One suite.
In here, you can enable and disable any of the modules. This configuration will apply for your whole Cliq organization, and the disabled modules will not show up anywhere when using Cliq. The modules that can be customized are as follows:
- In this module, you can configure Channel levels and Chats access for your whole organization. Click on Edit button and disable any of the levels under Channels and direct messages under Chats (they will be enabled by default).
- When a channel level is disabled, it will be removed from your Cliq organization, i.e. the disabled level will not show up in Create Channels dialog.
- If channels under a level already exist and you choose to disable that level, then the existing channels will disappear from Cliq application for all your users letting them know of the recent admin configuration by means of a pop-up.
- The existing channels that disappear will not be accessible to anyone even through Search bar.
- Later on if you enable the channel level again, then all the channels that disappeared will be accessible and visible in the left sidebar once again.
- On disabling Direct Messages under Chats, all existing 1-1 and group conversations will be removed from your Cliq organization.
- They will be removed from Search, @mentions tab, chat history and starred messages tab.
- Your org members will not be able to start new 1-1 chats and group chats from anywhere inside Cliq.
- Offline email notifications for 1-1 and group conversations will also be stopped.
2. Live Media
- In this module, you can configure Audio/Video Calls, Screen Share and PrimeTime access for your whole organization. Just click on Edit button and disable the features you want to restrict (all features will be enabled by default).
- When you disable a feature, then that feature's icon will not be visible anywhere in Cliq application for your users and hence they won't be able to access it.
- If a user is currently using a feature and you disable it, then they will be notified of the new configuration through a pop-up after which the feature will not be accessible.
Example: If you disable Audio Calls, then the audio call icon will not be visible anywhere in Cliq application for your users. If a user is on an audio call when you restrict this access, then the call will be ended with a pop-up letting the user know of the new admin configuration.
3. Calendar Events
- Disabling this module will restrict your organization users from creating Events.
- Once disabled, the Events icon will disappear from top bar of Cliq and it will also be removed from Quick Plus options.
- Already created events will disappear from Cliq with a pop-up stating the new admin configuration, when users try to access them.
- Disabling this module will restrict all your organization users from creating Reminders.
- Once disabled, the Reminders icon will disappear from top bar of Cliq and it will also be removed from Message Actions and Quick Plus options.
- Already created reminders will not be available if the user tries to open or view it.
5. Starred Messages
- Disabling this module will restrict all your organization users from starring and bookmarking important messages for future reference.
- Once disabled, the Star Messages icon will disappear from top bar of Cliq and it will also be removed from Message Actions.
- If a user tries to star a message or click on the starred messages icon immediately after you have disabled the access, they will be informed of the new admin configuration by a pop-up.
- In this module, you can configure integration components access for your whole organization. Click on Edit and disable the components you want to restrict your users from using.
- The disabled components will be removed from Cliq, and the already existing components will not be executable anymore.
Say you disable Schedulers, then the existing schedulers will stop their functioning.
- If you disable Extensions, your org users will not be able to install any new extensions from the Marketplace.
7. Migration Tools
- In this module, you can configure if migration services can be accessed by admins of your Cliq organization. Click on Edit and disable the migration tool that you want to restrict your admins from using.
- If fully disabled the Migration tool will not be visible in User Panel (click on profile picture). If partially disabled, only the disabled service will not be visible to your admins.