How do I setup custom domain in Cliq?
Custom domains are unique branded names, and you can customize your Cliq organization to reflect your brand's domain name. The custom domain that you set will be reflected in place of cliq.zoho.com in all places, i.e. Cliq homepage, migration tools page, all channel permalinks, and the admin panel.
Custom Domain configuration is available under the Paid plan and in Zoho One suite.
Steps to setup custom domain in Cliq:
- Make sure you have your own custom domain from a domain registrar.
- Log in to your account where your domain's DNS is hosted and locate the option to add CNAME (usually under DNS Records).
- In the Name/ Host/ Alias/ CNAME, add a record (it could be anything such as www, chat, converse, ...)
Example: zylker.org is your domain, and chat is the CNAME such that chat.zylker.org will be the domain used for Cliq
- Once you add a CNAME, map that entry with cliq.cs.zohohost.com in the Value/ Points to/ Destination field and save it.
This process will usually be done in 3-4 hours, but at times can take up to 48 hours.
- After mapping, enter the new domain (cname.yourdomain.com) in the Custom Domain field of Admin Panel in Cliq.
(Click on your Profile Picture -> Admin Panel -> Customization)
- Click on the Check button and check if your domain is mapped to cliq.cs.zohohost.com
- Upon checking the domain mapping, you can Activate the new domain for all your Cliq organization members.
- Once activated, all your users will be able to access Cliq via the new domain URL on sharing it with them.
The old URL will not be automatically redirected until SSL certification is received. More info is given below.
- The domain you setup will by default be in HTTP mode.
- Our team of experts will install SSL certification and set your domain in HTTPS mode–secure and reliable, at no cost to you.
- This process will take 3 business days (from the time of activation) during which cliq.zoho.com will be your default Cliq URL. After receiving SSL certification, the default Cliq URL will be redirected to your new domain URL.
(During the time taken to obtain the SSL certification, Cliq can be accessed via your domain if the new URL is inputted directly in the browser.)
- This custom domain is only for Cliq application (https://cliq.zoho.com) and does not apply to Cliq website pages under the URL www.zoho.com/cliq