What are the different recurring payment statuses and what do they signify?
There are six different recurring payment statuses in Zoho Checkout, and they are:
- Live - An active recurring payment.
- Future - A recurring payment that is set to start on a future date.
- Past Due - A failed recurring payment will be temporarily listed as ‘past due.’ The customer’s credit card is automatically retried up to three times based on scheduled preferences. The payment status will stay listed as ‘past due’ until a successful payment is made. Click here to learn more.
- Canceled and Unpaid - If all payment attempts fail, the recurring payment will be marked as ‘Canceled’ or ‘Unpaid’ depending on how you’ve configured your Retry Settings page. You can also manually cancel recurring payments. Click here to learn more.
- Expired - A recurring payment that has completed it’s Billing Duration cycle is marked as ‘Expired’.