- Understanding instant workflow
- Creating instant workflow
- Reordering instant workflow
- Changing criteria pattern
- Workflow report
This workflow, once activated, will trigger each time the conditions are satisfied.
Jane has an online store for antiques. Subscribers join her mailing list through the signup form embedded in her website. To promote her collection of antique jewelry to her female subscribers, she defines a workflow with the condition "Title" is "Ms, Mrs" and the action "Send email" and then configures her promotional content. When the workflow is activated, the promotional email will be sent to every new subscriber who selects one of those titles on her signup form.
- From the Automation tab choose Workflow
- Click Create Workflow present at the top-right corner.
- Hover over Instant Workflow and click Create New.
- Provide the following information:
- Name for the workflow for your reference in the future.
- Select a mailing list to associate with the workflow. If necessary, you can create a new mailing list.
- Set up criteria defining the conditions with which your subscribers should be categorized. You can set up to six criteria and set the criteria pattern as of your choice.
- Select an action to be performed. You can select any number of actions:
- Remove subscribers from list: Subscribers who meet the criteria will be removed from the mailing list.
- Add subscribers to another list: Subscribers who meet the criteria will be added to another mailing list that you specify. If necessary, you can create a new mailing list.
You can make the target list a smart list. The workflow will add the subscribers that meet the specified criteria to the smart list. After the workflow is activated, any subscriber already present in the smart list that does not meet the criteria will be removed automatically from the list. Also if any subscriber, that was added to the smart list through the workflow (i.e., those who met the specified criteria), stops meeting the criteria the subscriber will be removed from the list. Thus the smart list, at any point of time, will hold only those subscribers who match the criteria specified in the workflow associated to the list.
- Send email to subscribers who meet the criteria. Create a new campaign and configure content. You can choose to send it immediately, or schedule it for later.
- Push to Zoho CRM the subscribers that meet the criteria. You can either push all subscribers to Zoho CRM or update just the existing subscribers' Campaigns related information in Zoho CRM. To push subscribers, you will have to configure mapping with your Zoho CRM account.
- Update fields of the subscribers who meet the criteria. Select the field to be updated and provide a value for the field. You can choose to update any number of fields. In update field you can do one of the following:
- Text fields: Overwrite the existing text value or append text to the existing value.
- Integer fields: Overwrite the existing integer value or add or subtract an integer from existing value.
- Date and time fields: Overwrite the existing date and time with any value or update to the date and time when the action occurs.
- Add subscriber score to subscribers that meet the criteria. Select a score to be added.
- Activate the workflow immediately or Save as Draft for use in the future.
Once activated, the workflow will be triggered every time conditions are met. You can pause and reactivate the workflow at any time
The default criteria pattern is ''( ( ( ( ( 1 and 2 ) and 3 ) and 4 ) and 5 ) and 6 )'' if you choose all six criteria. However, you can choose between the operators 'And' or 'Or' between the conditions. If you wish to change the position of the parentheses, click the link Change pattern to edit the pattern.
You want to filter subscribers by creating a view that displays all subscribers from automobile industry who recently attended a tradeshow and whose location is either San Diego or San Francisco. When you specify this criteria using the Criteria Editor, the criteria pattern will be displayed as shown below:
The default pattern is (((1 and 2) and 3) or 4).
However, the required pattern is ((1 and 2) and (3 or 4)). This modification can be made using the Change Pattern option.
By default, the Instant workflows will be executed in the order of their creation. However, you can change the order of execution by changing its order in the list view. Execution is always from bottom to top.
To reorder the workflow execution:
- Select the Automation tab and click Workflow sub tab.
- In workflow list view, drag and drop the workflow to an appropriate position.
- A pop-up will prompt you to confirm the reorder.
- Click OK.
You can view reports for any active workflow. To view reports:
- From the Navigation toolbar, choose Automation and select Workflow.
- Select the workflow for which you want to view reports.
- Navigate to the intended action and click View Reports.
The report will display a list of subscribers on whom actions were performed and a list of those that were missed out, along with the reason they were skipped.