Email Action Autoresponder
- Understanding email action autoresponder
- Creating email action autoresponder
- Creating messages
- Managing autoresponder messages
- Creating multiple email versions
- Subscriber activity-based reports
Gaining and retaining subscribers is about creating a personalized experience for your reader. Email-action based autoresponders allow you to send targeted messages and follow up with subscribers based on their interactions with your email campaigns.
Listed below are few scenarios where email action based autoresponder can be made use of.
- Send more related emails to the campaign opened subscribers.
- Followup with the unopened subscribers with emails that will gain more of their attention.
- Track the link click activity of the subscriber, analyze their interests and followup with them relevantly.
- From the Navigation Toolbar choose Automation and select Autoresponders.
- Click Create Autoresponder. Mouse over the Email Action and click Create.
- Fill in the following information:
- Name the autoresponder for your future reference.
- Select a campaign to associate with your autoresponder. For example it can be a field with your subscriber's birth date or date of subscription renewal.
- Click Create
Email-action autoresponder has two views: the tree view, and the kanban view. You can toggle between these two views using the switch in the top-right corner.
- Click Create Message button and select one of the following conditions to meet for your message to be sent.
- Link clicks
- Specific link clicks
- Add message details and content.
- Click Send for Review to send your message to our spam compliance team.
- Once the message has been reviewed, click the Set Delay button. Here you need to define when your message should be sent relative to your reciepients' actions.
- Click Start Now to start your first message.
- You can create other series in a similar manner from either the Tree view or Kanban view.
Once created, your autoresponder will be enabled. Each message's schedule is based on when the subscriber does the action. You can pause and re-enable it any time you need. To stop the whole series you can disable the autoresponder.
To edit the message schedule:
- Click the Edit icon to the right of your message.
- Select a time to send your message, then save your changes.
- Any timing changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect.
- It may take up to 30 minutes from the scheduled delivery time for the autoresponder message to be sent.
- Schedule after one day means your message will be sent exactly 24 hours from the previous message.
To edit an email:
- Click the More icon next to the email you want to edit.
- Select Edit from the list.
- Make the intended changes and click Save and Exit.
- Sent email cannot be edited.
- Any changes in the message content must be sent for another review.
To delete an email:
- Click the More icon next to the email you wish to delete.
- Select the Delete option. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm. Click Delete to confirm.
To delete a message:
In tree view:
- Click the Delete icon on the right side of your message. A pop-up will appear, asking you to confirm.
- Click Delete to confirm.
In kanban view:
- Click the message you wish to delete. A pop-up will appear.
- Click the Delete icon in the top-right corner of the pop-up.
- Click Delete to confirm.
The email-action based autoresponder lets you create multiple emails under one message and have one active at any given time.
To create alternate message content:
- Navigate to the intended message.
In tree view
- Click Create another version.
In kanban view
- Click on the message and click the Create another version button in the pop-up. You'll be redirected to the message creation page.
- Add the message details and the content.
- Click Send for Review to send it to our compliance team.
To manage the alternate content:
After you have created alternate email, it will be listed under your existing content. Click Show more to view all of your message content. You can activate them by clicking the Activate option next to the message content. Other versions will be deactivated automatically.
You can view subscriber activity-based reports by clicking the View Parent Report button found in the autoresponder details section. Here you will be shown graphical reports based on campaign opens, any link clicks, or specific link clicks.