Offering coupons is one of the best ways to increase your site traffic and boost your sales. So, how can you create a coupon- based email campaign (or A/B test campaign) where every recipient receives a unique coupon code?
At Zoho Campaigns, users can create coupon campaign using coupon merge tags. These tags will be replaced by a unique coupon code for subscribers. In this section, we'll learn about the Coupon Campaign and how you can use it in your business.
- Confidential Access - From the subscriber's perspective, you are sending a unique coupon code which cannot be misused by others.
- Authenticate Coupons - Check the authenticity of coupon by entering the coupon code in the given path and find the coupon details such as the recipient's name, expiration date, and redeem status.
- Reward Loyal Customers - Sending a coupon campaign is a great way to recognize a loyal customer. Suggest that they redeem the coupon points in their account on your web site.
Coupon Merge Tags are used to generate unique coupon codes rather than sending the same coupon to all subscribers.
$[CT:COUPONCODE]$ - Generates Coupon Code
$[CT:EXPIRYDATE]$ - Generates Coupon Expiry Date
To create a Coupon Campaign:
- From the Navigation toolbar, choose Campaigns and select Advanced Campaigns.
- Click Create Campaign in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Hover over the Coupon category and click Create New.
- Enter the following details:
- Coupon Prefix - Enter the beginning letters of your coupon. It must be alpha-numeric and contain 4-12 characters.
- Coupon Expiration Date - This is the expiration date for the coupon set for the campaign.
- Coupon Expiration Date Format - Select the date format for the coupon expiration date.
- Click Next.
In the Basic Details page, enter the campaign details as given below:
To identify the email in the future.
A suitable subject line that relates to your Campaign.
You can either mention your name or your organization's name.
Sender email address
You've to specify your business email address. (By default, it'll reflect the email address related to your Zoho Campaigns account).
Reply to Address
The purpose of this email is to receive any reply from subscribers. This can be same as the sender's email address.
In this step, configure the content of your email by choosing your email type and content options.
- Select one of our content options such as designed templates, or HTML editor or any other option.
- Add the campaign content, and select the Coupon Merge tags associated to coupon campaigns to add them in the template.
- Click Save & Close to proceed.
- You can find the coupon merge tags on the right side of the Content Editor.
In Choose Recipients page, select the mailings list(s) you wish to use. If you haven't created a list yet, you will be asked to create one now. Learn how to import subscribers.
The coupon campaign will be sent for review. Once the review is complete, you will be able to send the campaign.