Personalize messages with your recipient's name and other details using Merge Tags. A merge tag is a smart tag that fetches recipients' data from the subscriber fields to use in your message. You can personalize the subject and content.
To view a list of merge tags, click Settings on the Navigation toolbar and select Merge Tags.
Design a header and a footer to match the appearance of your email campaign. You can also design a theme with customizations, brand colors, and social share buttons of your choice and keep it as a consistent theme for all your email campaigns.
Create a custom theme using the following instructions:
- From the Navigation toolbar, choose Settings and select Themes.
- Select My Themes and click Add New.
- Add a name for your new theme. Set your created Campaign Theme as a default.
- You can optionally use Clone Theme to duplicate the background color, font style and size, alignment, and other customizations from a previously created Campaign theme.
- Click the Create button.
- First time users will see "Create My First Theme" instead of "Add New ".
- Once you set a theme as default, it'll get associated to all your Campaigns.
To edit templates, click here.
Zoho Campaigns lets your subscribers update profile, tell a friend, resubscribe and unsubscribe via email footer links. The link to do all these activities will be present at the footer section of the email that you send. On the create campaign page, you can include only those activities you wish to let your subscriber do. However you cannot remove the option to unsubscribe. On clicking the links, pages related to that particular activity would open. Zoho Campaigns allows you to set up signup pages and emails that a subscriber would see after signing up to your organization. You can change its look and content the way you wish.
Here are the various steps involved with the customization of these pages.
- Go to the Settings tab from the Navigation bar and click Themes.
- Select the Signup Pages and Emails tab.
- A page with a list of various activities related to subscription will appear.
- Select the activity you want to preview.
- Choose the type of page or email you want to customize from the set of options listed under the selected activity.
When a subscriber clicks on this link, they can provide details such as their first name, last name, and email address.
- Landing Page- Allows you to customize the page that appears when a user clicks the Update profile footer link.
- Confirmation Page- Allows you to customize the page that appears when a user clicks the CTA button on the landing page.
- Notification email- Allows you to customize the content of the profile update notification email.
- Form- Allows you to customize the profile update form.
- Thank You- You can customize the content of the email which is triggered when a subscriber successfully registers using the profile update form.
A subscriber can unsubscribe from a mailing list or organization using the unsubscribe link. It is mandatory to include an unsubscribe link or button in all email campaigns per the CAN SPAM act. There are two tabs, Opt out from a mailing list and Opt out from organization. You can customize the content in both tabs.
- Confirmation Page - Allows you to customize the opt-out confirmation page.
- Data erasure page- Allows you to customize the data erasure page.
- Thank you page - Allows you to customize the content of the email that is sent to the subscribers to confirm unsubscribing from the organization and erasure of data.
- Confirmation email - You can customize the opt out confirmation email which is triggered upon clicking unsubscribe in Confirmation page.
Subscribers can share your newsletters with their friends by clicking this link.
- Form- Allows you to customize the tell-a-friend form.
- Forward email- You can customize the content of the email that is triggered when a user clicks the CTA in above form.
- Thank You- Allows you to customize the content of the email that is sent to subscribers who share your newsletter.
Change Email Address
You can customize the emails sent to existing email addresses and updated email addresses when a subscriber changes their subscription email address.
- Subscribers can resubscribe to a mailing list by clicking the Resubscribe link.
- Landing Page- You can customize the page that appears when a user clicks the Resubscribe button.
- Confirmation Page- You can customize the page that appears when a user clicks the button on the landing page.
- Thank You- You can customize the content of the email which is triggered when a subscriber successfully resubscribes.
Subscribers can report abuse if they feel they are receiving many irrelevant emails from a sender.
- Landing Page- You can customize the page that appears when a user clicks the Report abuse URL in the message header of a campaign.
- Thank You- You can customize the page that appears when a user clicks the Confirm button on the landing page.
- Confirmation Email- You can customize the content of email which is triggered when a user clicks the Confirm button on the landing page.
Subscribers can give their consent by clicking the consent link. You can customize the landing page which appears when a subscriber clicks this link.
Subscribers can record their preferences by clicking the subscriber preference link.
- Landing Page- You can customize the page that appears when a user clicks the subscriber preference link.
- Thank You Page- You can customize the page that appears when a user clicks the Save Preference button on the landing page.
To customize the pages
- Click the Edit icon present to the right of the content.
- Subscribers who have explicitly expressed their consent or opted in via signup forms etc., can unsubscribe from the mailing list for which they have signed up for. They will be unsubscribed from the mailing list on a single click.
- Subscribers who have not explicitly expressed their consent or opted in, should have an additional option through which they can unsubscribe from the organization. With this, subscribers can stop receiving emails from an organization if they are no longer interested.
- If users carry out GDPR compliant email marketing, it is mandatory for them to provide an option, where their subscribers can choose to erase their data from the organization.
To display footer notes in your email
- Click the Settings icon present in the top right corner of this section.
- Click Edit button and turn the toggle switch on show footer message in your email.
- Click Upload image link, if you wish to add logo in the footer note.
- Now, click Save Preferences.
Zoho Campaigns allows the customization of these pages with respect to a particular mailing list.
The changes I've made in a form in Signup Pages and Emails are not reflected in the form that is displayed in an associated mailing list. Have the changes been updated?
Yes, the changes will be updated and be applied to all the mailing lists in your account. You can not see the changes as it won't change visibly in the UI in mailing lists. However, it is all updated in the back end and all new lists will contain the updated form.
Display links are located in the header and footer that show background information such as sender of the email and provide links such as Update profile and Tell a friend.
- View in Browser Option- This is the banner of an email campaign and provides an option to open the email in a separate browser. Your recipients can click on the link View this email in a browser present in the header section of the email. On clicking that link, email opens in a new window where the following tabs appear.
- Sender and Recipient data- Displays the sender and recipient email address at the footer of the email campaign. This option is enabled by default.
- Unsubscribe- Allows recipients to unsubscribe from further email. It is enabled by default as every email campaign should have an unsubscribe link.
- Update Profile- Allows recipients to update their profiles.
- Company details- You can enter your company-related basic information (name and address) in this section. This is to let the subscribers know that they have received the email from an authentic source.
- Imprint Details - You can enter the imprint information i.e the details of an authorized representative of an organization. Subscribers will know the authenticity of an organization through "Imprint".
- Social Profile- Recipients can manually share the email campaigns on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You can also view the number of shares made by the recipients.
- Footer Logo- Add your company logo by clicking on Upload a New Logo option. You can also provide your company's official address.
- This enhancement also applies when recipients forwards the campaign to their friends.
- You can share campaigns on social media where visitors can post comment as guests.
1. Can I customize the Update Profile form ?
Yes, you can customize Update Profile form.
- From the Navigation toolbar, click Settings and select Themes.
- Navigate to Signup Pages and Emails tab.
- Click Forms tab, then click the Edit icon in the top right corner of the preview.
2. Is there a way to differentiate between the unsubscribe forms for opt-in subscribers and synced or imported subscribers?
Yes, you can customize the unsubscribe forms for opt-in and imported subscribers. The unsubscribe option has two different forms based on the source of the subscribers.
- Implied subscribers (imported/synced/manually added)- These subscribers will receive an option to remove themselves either from that particular mailing list or from the entire organization.
- Opt-in subscribers (added via Campaigns sign-up forms)- These subscribers will only see an option to remove themselves from the particular list.
3. I am unable to customize the unsubscribe form by following the instructions on the help page. Whenever I follow those steps, the Imprint Information page keeps popping up, why?
You must provide imprint information about your organization in your email campaigns, so that your subscribers know who you are and can contact your organization if they need to. You can only edit your forms in Signup Pages and Emails if you fill out the Imprint Information page.
4. Whenever I try to add my logo near the footer, it is enlarged. How can I add a small logo to the footer?
Hover your mouse to the right of your theme and click the Edit icon. Select the Footer tab. You will see the Footer Logo option which allows you to add the logo to the footer and you adjust the size of the image.
You can make changes to the header and footer by using the editing options available at the top. You can make changes in font, size, color, alignment, and much more.
- Ribbon- Increase or decrease the width of the ribbon of the header and footer.
- Align- Align the message to the left or center of the ribbon.
- Background- Change the background color of the ribbon.
- Border- Change the border color of the ribbon.
- Text- Change the color, font size & style of the text in the ribbon.
- Link- Change the color, font size & style of all links.
Use casesCan I change the background color of the footer? Yes, you can change the background color of your header and footer in Themes section of the Settings tab. From the Navigation toolbar, click Settings and select Themes. Navigate to Campaign Themes tab. Click the Edit icon beside the theme you want to apply. Choose Header or Footer tab. Click the Background icon to select another color. Click Save and Proceed.
We also provide a few options to change the alignment of your content and enable social media plugins.
Center Alignment- This option enables you to align your email content to the center. Readability experience is high when content is center aligned.
Social Share- Lets your recipients to share your campaigns on social media.
List description- Enables you to give a short description of your list.
- You can increase and decrease the space between page border and body of the theme by adjusting the pixels.
You can receive timely notifications about your campaigns and mailing lists by configuring the notification settings.
You can setup a notification email that provides the reports of sent campaigns. The report will be sent as a link and a downloadable PDF based on the configured settings.
To setup campaign notification:
- From the Navigation toolbar, click Settings and select Notification Settings.
- Navigate to Campaigns tab and do the following:
- Choose the frequency of notification emails.
- Select the timing and time zone details.
- Select the users to be notified.
- You can set number of days after, you want to receive notifications since the campaign is sent.
- Check Link and Download as PDF check boxes to receive reports as link and as PDF respectively.
- Click Save.
You can setup a notification email that provides the daily report on the number of new subscribers joining the selected mailing list. The report will be sent on daily basis and will provide detailed information about the newly added subscribers coming via Sign-up form or through APIs.
To setup Mailing List notification:
- From the Navigation toolbar, click Settings and select Notification Settings.
- Navigate to Mailing Lists tab and do the following:
- Choose the frequency of notification email.
- Select the timing and time zone details.
- Select Mailing Lists.
- Click Save Preferences.
Zoho Campaigns allows you to create your own custom fields for your contacts where you can store the extra information. With Custom fields, you can feed any type of information, set character limit and use them to save data which are specific to your business needs.
How to add custom fields?
To add custom fields, follow the steps below:
- From the Navigation toolbar, choose Settings and select Custom Fields.
- Click the Add New button.
- Select the custom field type: Subscriber field or Account field and provide the Display Label and Field Length.
- Click Add.
We have different field types to create diverse custom fields ranging from text area field to radio buttons.
|Field Type||Other Details||Maximum field length|
To enter a simple text input
|Integer||To enter and validate numeric input||9|
To enter a valid email address
To enter a valid phone number
Format- MM/DD/ YYYY
|Date and Time|
Format- MM/DD/ YYYY HH:MM
|Pick List||Specify the pick list values||100|
|Multiselect Pick list|
To choose multiple values
To enter Percentage values.
To enter numerical decimals
To choose any one of the predefined set of options.
To select an option
|Long Integer||To enter numerals with maximum characters||18|
To enter a web address
To enter a text input with maximum characters, e.g. Description field.
To display multiple checkbox options.
To choose more than one value. The selected values will be stored in the format "value1;value2;value3".
Maximum number of fields
You can have a maximum of 150 custom fields in your Campaigns account.
A maximum of 75 text fields can be created.
How to encrypt a custom field?
When I try to add a new custom field with the Checkbox type, I receive an error message saying I have reached the maximum limit. How can I add the custom field?
You need to delete one of the Checkbox custom fields to add a new field of the same type. You can create a total of 250 custom fields and 10 custom Checkbox fields. To delete a custom field, navigate to
- Text fields include:
- Multiselect Picklist
- Radio Buttons
- Text Area
- Multiselect Checkbox
- Append Field
- A maximum of 16 integer fields can be created.
- A maximum of 11 boolean fields can be created.
- A maximum of 33 long integer fields can be created.
- Long Integer fields include:
- Long Integer
- A maximum of 15 double fields can be created.
- Double fields include:
How to encrypt a custom field?
- From the navigation toolbar, choose Settings and select Custom Fields.
- Click the Add New button and select which custom field you wish to add.
- Click the checkbox Encrypt Field if you want to turn on encryption for the custom field.
- By clicking it, you have turned on encryption for the custom field.
- the Custom fields tab and click the Delete icon beside the custom field.
Applications of Custom Fields
Personalize your email campaigns and autoresponders
Every custom field you create can be converted into a merge tag to personalize your email content and autoresponder messages.
For example, you can remind a subscriber to pay their monthly balance using the merge tag related to the custom field where the due amount is stored. Or, you can use a custom date field in autoresponders to send reminder emails for events planned.
Segmentation of subscribers
Use custom fields as criteria to create segments and filter out subscribers for an email campaign. For example, you can focus on subscribers in a specific city or region if this data is stored in custom fields.
You can protect sensitive and classified user data by encrypting them. Encryption is the process of encoding an information and making it accessible only to authorized people. Encryption converts plain (readable) text into ciphertext (non-readable). Ciphertext can only be read when decrypted by an authorized party. The main purpose of data encryption is to prevent unauthorized from gaining access to confidential data.
The encryption method used here is called AES (Advanced Encryption Standard), which uses keys to encrypt and decrypt a data.
Only custom field data can be encrypted. Say, for instance, you need to store confidential information like credit card details or backup phone numbers. You can include those fields in the user layout as a custom field. Data encryption is done when a custom field is created or edited.
If a custom field associated with a segment or a score based view is encrypted, then they will cease functioning normally. You can resume the functioning of the segment or the score based view by turning off encryption for the associated custom field.
If a custom field associated with a workflow, autoresponder, or field based scoring is encrypted, they will stop working. The only way to reactivate the workflow or the autoresponder is by cloning and initiating them. You cannot clone field based scoring, so you need to create a new field based scoring with your desired criteria.
With this feature, you can keep a track of all the activities taking place within the organization. You can export audit logs to save them as a backup.
To export audit logs:Note-
At first you will be seeing 100 logs in the page but you can change that to 200. You can see a maximum of 200 logs per page.
- Only custom fields can be encrypted
- Encrypted data cannot be used to define any criteria, but can be included in report results.
- Encryption can be disabled for a field at any time.
- Any data imported to encrypted fields will be encrypted by default and exported data are decrypted.
- Encrypted fields are not available for the sort option.
- Encrypted fields are not searchable but can be included in search results.
- Encrypted fields can be included in signup forms.
- From the Navigation Toolbar, choose Settings and select Audit Logs.
- Click the Export button in the top-right corner of the page to export the logs.
- In the popup that follows, you can be specific about the logs that you want to export.
- Select Current page radio button to export all logs displayed in that page.
- Select By date range to export logs within a specific time period.
- Enter a name for the file that has to be exported.
- Select a format for the exported file.
- Click Export button to complete the export.