Social Merge Tags
You can customize your email campaign by including Merge tags for sharing the email campaign on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This will make your subscribers share your email campaign on social media. Let’s have a look at the different types of Social Tags.
In the Content configuration page, you can find the social share tags on the right side of the page. Just copy the specific merge tag and paste into your campaign content. We’ll provide the link or icon depending upon the type of merge tag chosen for the sharing.
These are social sharing links which allow your subscriber to share the campaign on social sites such as Facebook, Tweeter and LinkedIn.
These are social sharing icons which allow your subscriber to share the campaign on social sites such as Facebook, Tweeter and LinkedIn. In an icon based tag, “Like” is the title tag and “Like this” is the Alt text for the icon.
- From the Navigation toolbar, click Email Campaigns and choose the type of campaign.
- Select one of our content options such as designed templates, or HTML editor or any other option in Email Campaign creation.
- In Merge Tags section, select Social Merge Tag from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the tag you want.
- Click Save and Proceed once you're done with the content.
- Use href tag/hyperlinks to add link based tags. For e.g.
< a href=”$[SS:FBLIKELINK]$”>Like"
- Icon merge tags are not supported in text format.