- Understanding calendar autoresponder
- Creating calendar autoresponder
- Creating promotions
- Managing autoresponder messages
- Sending campaigns to email opened or clicked recipients
The calendar based autoresponder is a platform where you can predefine the campaigns that you would like to send throughout the year.
Listed below are few scenarios where calendar autoresponder can be made use of.
- Send your subscribers well wishes for the holidays or product offers for festivals.
- Promote products seasonally (e.g., baseball season, summer, harvest season).
- From the Navigation Toolbar choose Automation and select Autoresponders.
- Click Create Autoresponder. Mouse over the Calendar and click Create.
- Fill in the following information:
- Name the autoresponder for your future reference.
- Select a mailing list that should be associated with your autoresponder. If necessary, you can create a new mailing list.
- Select segment of the mailing list if you want to send messages only to the segmented subscribers.
- Click Create
Calendar autoresponder has two views: the tree view, and the calendar view. You can toggle between these two views using the switch in the top-right corner.
- Click Create Promotion.
- Build your promotion by providing the following details:
- Promotion Name for future reference.
- Schedule the message defining when you want to sent the message.
- Seasonal tag so that you can group similar promotions under a label. (This option is not mandatory.)
- Click on the button Proceed.
- Add message details such as basic info, content, etc.
- Once the content is ready, you can send the message for review by clicking the Send for Review button.
- After the message has been reviewed you can start creating the next promotion in the same manner.
Once you are done creating the messages you can activate the autoresponder by clicking on the Activate button. To stop the whole series you can disable the autoresponder.
Note: In a calendar based autoresponder the schedule of one message is independent of the other. No message is scheduled based on another message.
To edit the promotion schedule:
- Click the Edit icon to the right of your promotion schedule.
- Select a time to send your message, then save your changes.
Notes: Only promotions that were not sent out can have their schedule edited.
To edit an email:
- Click the More icon next to the email you want to edit.
- Select Edit from the list.
- Make the intended changes and click Save.
- Only an email that is not sent out can be edited.
- Any changes in the message content must be sent for another review.
To delete an email:
- Click the More icon next to the email you wish to delete.
- Select the Delete message option. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm.
- Click Delete to confirm.
Note: Only an email that is not sent out can be deleted.
To delete a promotion:
- Click the More icon next to the promotion you wish to delete.
- Select the Delete promotion option. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm.
- Click Delete to confirm.
You can send campaigns to recipients who have opened and clicked your autoresponder messages.
- From the autoresponder timeline, navigate to the Reports section and click Send email button on the top-left corner of the screen
- Select from the options Opened or Unopened from the drop-down menu.
- Select from the options All messages or Any message from the drop-down menu.
- Click Create.
You can now create the message, configure content and schedule the campaign.