Engaging Followers on Social Media
Social media has become an inevitable and ubiquitous part of marketing today. Any product or service needs that Facebook account that Twitter following to be taken seriously by the general public.
The main challenge for marketers, however, is to provide a uniform experience for followers across multiple social media platforms, at least the big ones: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. An added difficulty is creating a sense of continuity from your one-on-one email campaigns to your social campaigns is another challenge to overcome.
This e-book is an attempt to provide a solution to this challenge by listing down the different ways you can use our Social Campaigns features and engage your followers on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Post Campaigns for Social Media
Let’s take a look at what features Zoho Campaigns offer that makes every marketer’s job easier:
- You can post your status on multiple social networks (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) with a single click. This saves you from having to manually post your campaign on each site.
- You can extend your reach to various social pages on Facebook (linked to a particular account) through a single status.
- You can schedule the content to be published at the time when engagement is likely to be high among your followers.
This is one of the most popular ways to engage your followers. Here is a checklist of general guidelines your status/tweet should follow before you start posting:
- Should be thought-provoking and insightful
- Ask open-ended questions
- Be Relevant to your business
- Appealing in nature
Now, let’s take a look at the benefits his checklist provides both for your business and your follower/base.
Create an Instant Fan Base
You can create a large network of customers, fans, and followers who receive regular updates on your product/service and can, in turn, help your post go viral.
Receive Instant Feedback
This is the best part of social media: whatever you post will receive instant feedback, criticism or complaint that can be addressed immediately.
Measuring Interaction with Followers
One purpose of posting a status or tweeting is to measure brand awareness and fan engagement, as seen in the number of likes, comments, retweets, and shares on the social page.
You can use this feature to share blogs, articles or any content-rich websites from your Zoho Campaigns account.
Before you start posting links, remember adhering to these thumb rules:
- Avoid using a URL shortener on Facebook. When a full-length URL is used, the engagement rate is three times higher for wall posts.
- On the other hand, always use shortened URLs on Twitter so you can let users know exactly where they’re going when they click your link.
“A picture is worth a thousand words.”
If we look at the trend, there has been a surge in image-centric marketing rather than plain old text-based marketing on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Keeping that in mind you have the ability to post images to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn directly from Zoho Campaigns.
While uploading keep in mind certain conditions for the image format:
- Supported image formats - JPG, JPEG, PNG and BMP.
- Size limit must be less than 1 MB (approximately 1024 x 1024 pixels).
Make sure the image you post meets the following criteria:
- Is compelling
- Arouses Curiosity
- Provokes thought
- Is relevant to business
When you post the right image, you can expect to generate the following results:
Catches Audience Attention
Images are more visually appealing than text alone.
Faster and Clearer Communication
With images, your message is communicated faster compared to the time it takes to read the status on social media.
Increases the Response Rate
It’s a fact that no matter what image you use, it generally generates more response in the form of likes, comments, and shares.
Ultimately, a captivating audience with images can encourage conversation can establish your brand on social media. Look into topics users crave for information and post relevant blogs and articles on a regular basis. This builds trust among the followers and indeed! They can turn out to be your loyal customers in the future.