Using Authentication Token
To access any of our API methods, authentication is mandatory which will be passed to us through our authentication parameter namely "authtoken".
In order to retrieve and push your data in a secure manner, two mandatory parameters are to be used while using APIs.
- authtoken* - API Authentication Token.
Every account will carry a general authtoken for the account's API access. Follow the below steps to retrieve your authtoken.
- Log in to Zoho Campaigns.
- From the Navigation toolbar, choose Settings and select APIs.
- Copy the API Authentication Token.
Generate List Key
- From the Navigation toolbar, choose Subscribers and select Manage Lists.
- In My Lists page, click the Mailing list, you'd like to generate the list key.
- Click More and select List Tools.
- Copy the List key.
- Follow what is given in this document, keys are sensitive
- Default responses will always be in XML format.
- HTTP instead of HTTPS in the request URL is not supported.
- Custom fields in the request URL can be declared with the field itself.
- During list subscription, If custom field value limit exceeds, the field will not be recorded even though the contact will be subscribed to the list(s).
- To subscribe or unsubscribe to and from a list, email address is mandatory.
- Finally, make sure APIs are not misused. We hold the rights to disable your API access.
- Avoid any kind of typo, it could result in an error.
For further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com