Writing Off or Making your Invoice Void
You can always write-off an unpaid invoice and close it. Void an already sent invoice, and create another without changing the numbering order.
The invoice needs to be written off when you are sure that the customer is not going to pay and you need to close the invoice. The details report will have the balance due as NIL.
- Choose the invoice you wish to write off and click on the More drop down present on the top-right corner.
- Select the Write Off option.
- Choose the date on which you wish to record the write off.
- Provide a reason for writing off the invoice.
- Click on Write it off to write off the invoice.
- If there was an error in a customer invoice and if you do not want to delete it, you can simply void it. This will make sure that this invoice amount is not reflected in your reports and that your invoice numbering remains unaffected.
- The invoices that you’ve voided will still be listed for your reference.
- Any invoice that does not have a payment recorded to it can be marked as Void. If the invoice has been Paid/Partially Paid, the payments have to be deleted before marking it Void.
To void an invoice, from the More drop-down present on top of the invoice window, select the Void option.
Note: Deleting an invoice will remove all traces of the invoice in the system while voiding will not remove the invoice from the system. It simply leaves that invoice out of the sales figures.