Does Zoho Inventory support RFID scanning? If yes, how does it work?
Yes, Zoho Inventory supports RFID scanning in the web app. It is a two part process. Here is how it works:
Part - 1 : Recording the RFID of an item
- Go to Items module on the side bar and click + button. Or, open an existing item and click the edit (pencil icon) button.
- Place your cursor on the SKU field.
- Scan the RFID of the item using an RFID scanner.
- Fill up the essential details and hit Save.
Part - 2 : Adding items to transactions
- Open a new transaction (like an Invoice or a Bill).
- Place your cursor on the Item Details field.
- Scan the RFID of the item using an RFID scanner. You’ll see that the line item is automatically added.
- Follow the above step to scan more items, which will be added consecutively.
Note: You have to key in the RFID of the item as the SKU of said item to be able to retrieve it while creating transactions.