You can import bulk data from your hard-drive into any of the modules within Zoho Inventory. This saves you a lot of time from manual entry.
In the following steps we will demonstrate the process of importing invoices. The import process involves three phases:
- Phase 1 - Uploading the import file
- Phase 2 - Mapping import fields
- Phase 3 - Preview before completion
Phase 1 - Uploading the import file
- Log in to your Zoho Inventory account.
- Navigate to the Invoices module or any other module.
- Click the Hamburger icon button on the top right corner.
- Select Import Invoices option from the drop-down.
- Upload the relevant .csv or .tsv type file from your hard-drive.
Note: You can download and refer the sample file from this page to prepare the data on your import file.
- Choose the character encoding involved from the drop-down. By default, the character encoding is UTF-8(Unicode).
- Choose the File Delimiter(comma or semicolon). By default it will be comma for a .csv type file.
- Click Next to proceed to mapping the fields.
Phase 2 - Mapping import fields
- Zoho Inventory finds similar fields and maps them automatically. You can make changes, if needed.
- Check the box near the Save these selections for use during future imports option to automate mapping for future imports.
- Click Next to proceed to the Preview window.
Phase 3 - Preview before completion
Here a summary of the number of invoices ready for import, number of skipped records and unmapped fields will be shown.
- Click Previous to make changes.
- If everything is ready, click Import.
Similarly, you can swiftly upload large volume of data into the other modules in Zoho Inventory.