How do I track inventory for an item?
Before you can start tracking inventory for an item, you’ll have to enable Inventory Tracking. To enable:
- Go to Settings and select Items in Preferences.
- Mark the Enable Inventory Tracking checkbox and enter the Inventory Start Date.
You can track inventory for both new items and existing items. To track inventory for a new item:
- Go to Items on the left sidebar and click + New to create a new item.
- Enter all the necessary details of your item and mark the Track Inventory for this item checkbox to enable inventory tracking for the item.
- You’ll have to select your Inventory Account, enter Opening Stock and Opening Stock Rate per Unit.
- Click Save to enable inventory tracking for the item.
To track inventory for an existing item:
- Go to Items and select the item for which you want to enable inventory tracking.
- Click the Edit icon and repeat the steps mentioned above.