Let’s have a look at the various settings you can configure for the Customers module in Zoho Billing.
IN THIS PAGE
You can choose which fields of your customer will be displayed in your transaction PDF, and also create multiple customers with similar details.
To configure your Customers preferences:
- Go to Settings > Preferences > Customers.
- If you want to create multiple customers with the same Customer Display Name, then check Allow duplicates for customer display name.
- Click the Insert Placeholder drop-down button.
- Select the fields that you want to display in your transaction PDF.
- You can even remove the fields from placeholder box or add additional text in it.
You can add multiple custom fields for the Customers module and assign different data types for each of them. Learn more about Field Customization.
Custom Buttons & Links
You can create new buttons in the Customers module to perform specific actions for your transactions, or to open external links. You can create them using deluge script and execute actions based on the functions you add.
Recording Payments Received
You can also record payments in currencies you have invoiced your customers.
- Go to Payments Received to record customer payment.
- Select the currency in which you want to record the payment.
- Enter the Amount Received.
- Enter the amount for each unpaid invoice.
- Click Save.
Suppose you record a payment in a currency for which you have no transactions for the customer. In that case, the payment will be recorded as an excess payment.