Manage and View Bugs
Never let another bug slip through the cracks. With Zoho BugTracker, you can organize the bugs in an easy way that ensures you keep track of every possible bug.
My Bugs gives an overview of the bugs. Click View More to see all the bugs that have been reported or assigned to you. Bugs can be grouped by project or sorted by date. Click Submit Bugs to report a bug.
Add, Edit and Delete bugs in List and Kanban views.
- Select a project and navigate to Bugs.
- Click Submit Bugs.
- Enter a problem title.
- When submitting from My Bugs view, select a project for the bug.
- Enter other bug and project details if necessary.
- If your project has mandatory custom fields then you must enter data for these fields before you can save a bug.
- Click Save
- Click Save & Add New to continue adding bugs.
- Click to add bugs in Kanban View.
Edit a bug
- Click on a bug.
- Edit the required fields on the right panel.
- Close the bug. The changes are saved automatically.
- Add useful information to the bug from the edit bug screen.
- Description: Add a description or update the details using Edit Description.
- Comments: You can add comments while modifying a bug. Use the screen-grabber to share screenshots or the in-built draw tool to highlight or obscure areas.
- Attachments: Attach and share screenshots using the screen-grabber. Attachments added in Comments and Resolution section are shown here.
- Resolution: Use this option to resolve the bug. You can also add attachments and screenshots when resolving a bug.
- Log Hours: Add the time you spent on resolving the bug. You can also set the start and end time.
- Link Bugs: You can link and classify related bugs.
- Activities: View the history of the bug. The activities are listed chronologically.
- Clone: Click and then choose Clone to create a copy of the bug.
- Follow/Unfollow a bug or Add Followers for the bug. Click Follow to track the bug or Unfollow to stop. Click Add Followers to select and add project users to the bug.
You need not worry about missing deadlines anymore. Premium and Enterprise users can set reminders for bugs and the user assigned to the bug will receive reminder email. When submitting a bug, click Reminder options to set a reminder. When editing a bug, click Set Reminder to set or delete a reminder.
- None: No reminder is set for the bug. You can also use this option to delete reminders.
- Daily: The user assigned to the bug is notified every day until the due date.
- On the same day: The user assigned to the bug is notified on the day the bug is due.
- Days: You can choose any number of days between 1 and 30. If you select 3 days, the user is notified 3 business days before the due date.
You cannot set reminders if:
- a bug is already past its due date
- no due date is set
- reminder date is earlier than the current date
- reminder date is same as the current date
- current date and due date are the same
- no user is assigned to a bug
- a bug is moved to another project
- In the Kanban view, click the Submit Bug icon and add an assignee to view the bug reminder options.
Remote Assist for Bugs
In the Kanban or List view, click to open the selected bug. The Remote Assist option is available only if the bug is assigned to you. When you click this option, it invites the bug reporter to share their screen with the assignee so that they can assist in resolving the issue.
In the Kanban or List view, click to open the bug and click to delete the bug.
View bugs using predefined lists or create custom views. By default, all open bugs are displayed on the screen. You can export or import bugs to and from xls or csv files.
- Click and select Export Bugs.
- Choose a group to sort the bugs in the file.
- Select file format (xls or csv).
- Select Description or Comments if you need them included.
- Click Export.
- Bugs in the current view will be exported.
- A download URL will be emailed to you.
- View export history from Export Bug form. Click Show export history.
- Files can be downloaded from export history.
You can import bugs from other bug tracker software. To know more click here.
In the bugs List view, you can sort bugs based on the Created, Modified, Last Closed and Due date. Click the arrow in the selected column to sort the bugs in Ascending or Descending order.
Custom views let you see bugs based on your organization's requirements. Custom views can be created with multiple parameters.
- Click bug views and select Create Custom View.
- Select the Criteria and then select a condition to validate.
- Enter the value.
- Click to add more criteria.
- Enter Name and add a description.
- Select Accessibility Details to control who can see the custom view.
- Click Save.
Custom views can be edited/deleted. Hover over the custom view and click or as required.
Kanban cards are an easy, dynamic way to create and visualize your workflow. In KanbanView, the bugs are arranged by status, so that every team member knows what needs to be done at any time. You can reach this view by navigating to Projects > Bugs > Kanban. You can custom-make Kanban cards and view the bugs based on their status, severity, classification, module, and the ability to reproduce. Click or Submit Bugs to add bugs. Change the status of the bug with a simple drag and drop. Bugs can similarly be reordered within their status.
Customize kanban cards and view workflow
Click Status to customize your view of Kanban cards. You can custom-make Kanban cards and view the bugs based on Status, Severity, Classification, Module and Is it Reproducible.
Click when you position the mouse pointer over the customized view to add a new status. You can delete the new field from Status & Workflow in Bug Settings. Once you have customized the array of Kanban cards, you can view the work process and manage the workflow. You can easily view bottleneck tasks and decide whether to take up new tasks or work on tasks that are In Progress. Kanban view helps you to easily visualize the flow of work and manage any bottlenecks in the project. The timer is displayed for tasks that are assigned to you, and you can log hours based on the time spent on the bug.
Change bug status
You can drag and drop the bug from one status to another. This will update the status of the bug.
Color bugs workflow
Color your Kanban cards to add more visibility and highlight the bug status to decide your priority and view the workflow. This option is available only in Kanban cards that are displayed based on Status. Click and select a color for the status.