Link bugs and create dependencies to track and close bugs. You can associate bugs based on a criterion, restrict bug closure, set dependencies, duplicate and clone bugs. And you can link bugs using the default link types such as Blocks, Depends, etc. or you can create your own link type.
Linking bugs in Zoho BugTracker allows you to:
Select the required project in the Projects section, and choose Bugs. Click in the upper right corner and select Bug Settings. Click Link Bugs in Customization.
- Click Add Link Type.
- Enter the new link name in the Link Name field.
- Enter the reverse name for the link in the Reverse Link Name.
- Click Save to create a new link type.
- Hover over the created link type in Link Bugs to enable the Edit and Delete options.
- Click Edit and modify the required link details.
- Click Save to update the modified link details.
- Click Delete to delete the link type.
- A warning message about deleting the link type is displayed.
- Click OK to delete the link type.
- You cannot edit or delete the default link types.
- Select the required project in Projects and click Bugs.
- Click the bug that you want to edit in the bugs List view.
- Click the Link Bugs tab to link bugs
- Select the desired option in Link Type.
- Enter the bug title or bug ID in Select Bugs to search and select the Bug(s) to link.
- Click Link Bugs to create a link between the bugs.
|Blocks||Indicates that you cannot close a blocked bug without closing the bug that is blocking it. This clause is applicable only for bugs that are linked to the link type as blocks.
Example: If bug A is linked with bug B using 'blocks' association, then bug A must be closed before bug B is closed.
|Depends on||Indicates that you cannot close a dependent bug without closing the bug that it depends on. This clause is applicable only for bugs that are linked to the link type as: depends on.
Example: If bug A is linked with bug B, using 'depends' association, then bug B must be closed before bug A is closed.
|Is related to||Indicates that you can associate bugs that are related based on some criteria. It does not restrict the closing of any bugs.|
|Is duplicate of||Indicates that you can associate one or more bugs logged for the same problem as duplicates. However, closing one bug does not close its duplicates.|
Is clone of
|Indicates that you can clone and associate bugs.
Example: If you create bug B by cloning bug A, then bug B is associated as a clone of bug A.
- Hover over the linked bugs in the Link Bugs tab to enable the action menu.
- Click the action menu and then click Edit Link.
- Modify the details as required.
- Click Save to update the modified details.
- Click the action menu and then click Remove Link.
- The bug links are removed.
- The linked bugs are displayed with a linked status symbol in the bugs list view.
More information about linking bugs
- You can link bugs with only one type of link such as blocks or depends on, e.t.c.
- You can link a maximum of only 10 bugs to a bug
- When two or more bugs are linked as duplicates, then closure of one bug does not close its other duplicate bug(s).