Zoho Desk Integration
Zoho Desk integration with Zoho BugTracker allows you to submit tickets as bugs from within Zoho Desk.
Before you begin:
- Subscribe to the Premium edition of Zoho BugTracker and Zoho Desk.
- Activate the Zoho BugTracker under Setup in Zoho Desk.
To get started with the setup, you need to get the administrator’s e-mail address and the related ZSC key from your Zoho BugTracker account. The ZSC key is used to communicate between Zoho Desk and Zoho BugTracker.
To copy the ZSC Key:
- Login to Zoho BugTracker (http://www.zoho.com/bugtracker/) as a Portal Owner.
- Navigate to Setup > Developer Space > ZSC Key.
- Copy the e-mail address and the associated ZSC Key for integrating Zoho BugTracker and Zoho Desk.
- You can also click Regenerate Key to get a new ZSC Key to be provided in Zoho Desk
You now need to integrate Zoho BugTracker with Zoho Desk to file bugs from Zoho Desk.
To integrate BugTracker with Desk:
- Login to Zoho Desk ( http://www.zoho.com/desk/) as an Administrator.
- Click Setup.
- Click Zoho (listed under Marketplace).
- Select Zoho BugTracker and then click Configuration.
- Enter BugTracker email ID in Zoho BugTrackerAdministrator Email Address and ZSC key.
- Click Authenticate.
- Select the desired department.
- Select the desired project.
- You can map a department in Zoho Desk to a related project in Zoho BugTracker to route the bugs. You can associate a multiple projects to a department.
- Click Save to add bugs from Zoho Desk.
Once you have integrated Zoho BugTracker and Zoho Desk, you can start reporting bugs from Zoho Desk into Zoho BugTracker.
To report bugs from Zoho Desk:
- Login to Zoho Desk.
- Click on a support ticket to view its details.
- Click and then click File a bug.
- In File a Bug you can find the relevant BugTracker Project and Bug Title pre-selected.
- Click Submit to file the support request as a bug in the selected project in Zoho BugTracker.
- Click on a bug to view the ticket details. You can use the navigation icons to scroll through the tickets.
- Bug Information section displays more information about the bug in Zoho Desk.
- Support tickets can be delinked from the bug by clicking the Delink Bug option from the details page in Zoho Desk.
- You can set business rules for bugs reported from Zoho Desk using Update Zoho Desk option in BugTracker.
- Bugs reported from Zoho Desk are exclusively displayed in Bugs from Zoho Desk option in the Predefined Views in BugTracker.
- Any response to the support tickets will be pushed to Feeds immediately. Click on Desk icon to view details. Click on individual ticket to view details in Zoho Desk.
- The update will show up on the Notifications tab as and when there is a reply to a support ticket.
- Comments are synced between Zoho Desk and Zoho BugTracker. When the support team comments on a ticket, the corresponding bug and the feed is updated. The other tickets linked to the same bug will not be updated.
- If a user comments on an bug, all the tickets linked to it will be updated with the comment.
- Comment attachments are synced between the bug and the ticket. Attachment added to comment of a ticket will be synced with the bug and not with other tickets.
- View ticket ID when comments from Zoho Desk are pushed to Zoho BugTracker.