Create Projects for Bugs
With the multitude of projects progressing simultaneously, it becomes difficult to sort bugs. Create projects in Zoho BugTracker and sort bugs. Group projects based on common clients or technology or any other criteria that suit your business. You can delete or archive (archiving of projects is available in our paid plans) projects once they are completed.
You can create a new project and add it to a project group. Multiple projects can be created depending on your subscription.
- Click New Project on the projects page and enter a Project Name.
- Choose a template if necessary.
- If you create a project using a template, bug settings, documents, users, milestones and forums will carry over to the new project.
- Select an Owner for the project.
- Specify the Start and End Date.
- If you mark the project as strict, the work items cannot be scheduled for days beyond the project date range.
- Enter an overview if required.
- Select a Group Name or click to create and add the project to a new group.
- Select a Billing Method.
- Choose Project Budget based on the number of hours or a fixed amount.
- Select the required Project Access.
- Public will let other portal users follow, view, add comments to the project.
- Click Add Project.
- You can Customize tabs for this project. Click on it to deselect the tabs that you don't want to see.
You can edit an existing project and change its project detail if required. In Projects, click Active Projects, and hover the mouse over the required project. Click to enable edit and delete options.
You can edit and activate an archived project or delete based on your project requirement. In Projects, click Archived Projects, and hover the mouse over the required project. Click to enable edit and delete options.
In View by Client, you can view the client projects associated with client groups and other projects associated with the organization. You can add a new project, edit and delete projects in the View by Client view.