Most commonly asked questions from our user community
Is Zoho BugTracker reliable and confidential? Is my data safe and secure with Zoho?
How can I change the Portal URL?
Can I change the portal owner in Zoho BugTracker?
I was invited to join a project portal but could not trace the invite mail?
How to change my e-mail address in Zoho BugTracker?
What is a Business Rule? How can I define business rules for bugs?
How to get started with Zoho BugTracker?
What languages is Zoho BugTracker available in?
Can I upgrade from a lower plan to a higher plan in BugTracker?
What kind of payments do you accept for BugTracker?
Can I have more disk space for an existing plan if it exceeds the allocated limit ?
How can I import my files from Google Docs into Zoho BugTracker?
How to configure issue status and workflow for bugs?
Can I associate a bug with an existing milestone?
1. What is Zoho BugTracker?
Zoho BugTracker is a bug tracking software that combines a clean and an intuitive interface to submit and organise issues with customizable workflow, set business rules, create custom views for the issues that software projects are bound to generate and fix bugs fast.
2. Is Zoho BugTracker reliable and confidential? Is my data safe and secure with Zoho?
In addition we are US/EU Safe Harbour Compliant.
Zoho takes the security of your data and information very seriously. We have taken many different steps to help ensure the safety of your data. This includes physical security practices (like 7x24x365 security, video monitoring, biometric access, bullet-resistant walls), Network Security (encryption, intrusion detection/prevention), People Processes and Redundancy/Business Continuity.
For more details see Security Policy
3. How do I get started with Zoho BugTracker?
If you click the Get Started Now link you will be redirected to a Sign up page. Here you need to fill in some basic information like e-mail address, name and create your Zoho Bug Tracker account.
- 15 days free trial on all paid plans
Zoho Bug Tracker offers the following features :
- Tracking issues via forms
- Custom Views
- Business Rules
- Custom Fields
- File Sharing
- Bugs Dashboard
- Interactive Forums
- Add Bugs via Email
- Bug Reports
- User Management
- Portal Customization
For more details see Plans and Pricing
4. What browsers does Zoho BugTracker support?
Zoho Bug Tracker supports different browsers and versions like
- Internet Explorer - 9 and above
- Google Chrome - 23 and above
- FireFox - 17 and above
- Safari - 5 and above
Note : We request users to upgrade their browsers to the latest version for a better and smooth user experience.
5. What languages is Zoho BugTracker available in?
Zoho BugTracker supports 16 different languages like Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English(US), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
- If you wish to see pages in your favorite language then send a request to support[at]zohoprojects[dot]com
6. How can I change the Portal URL?
The Portal administrator is the only person who can change the portal url. Learn More.
6. How can I change the Portal URL?
Yes. There can be multiple administrators for a project. Learn More.
8. Do the archived projects count against my number of projects for billing purposes?
Only the Active projects in a portal are taken into account for the total allowed projects and not the archived projects.
9. How to change my e-mail address in Zoho BugTracker?
To change the email address :
- Login into http://accounts.zoho.com
- Click Email Address option
- Click Edit button and update your email id
10. Can I change the portal owner in Zoho BugTracker?
Yes. You need to be an portal administrator to change the portal owner. Learn More.
11. I was invited to join a portal but could not find the invite mail?
The invite mail is a system generated mail sent from Zoho BugTracker along with username and password. Sometimes this mail would have landed in your SPAM folder . Hence we request you to check your SPAM folder for the invite mail
If you are not able to trace the mail kindly mail to support[at]zohoprojects[dot]com for further assistance.
12. I got an invite mail but project portal denies access for me?The portal owner who invited you to their portal would have forgot to add you as part of their project, hence access is denied for you. To get an access, you need to request your portal owner to add you as a member in their project.
1. How can I upgrade to a higher plan ?
You can upgrade the plan from the Upgrade/Billing tab on the Home page. The portal owner is the only person who can upgrade the account. Learn More.
2. How can I downgrade from a higher paid plan to a lower paid plan ?
Yes, you can downgrade to any plan from the Upgrade/Billing tab on the Home page. Learn More.
3. Can I upgrade / downgrade or cancel a plan at anytime?
Absolutely. Zoho BugTracker is a pay as you go service so you can upgrade, downgrade, or cancel at any time..
4. What kind of payments do you accept?
We currently accept payments via Visa, MasterCard, American Express. We do accept payments via PayPal upon user request. For PayPal related payments you need have an account with PayPal.
In addition, we also accept payments via check transfer but we provide this facility only for Yearly subscription irrespective of the selected plan and not otherwise.
1. Is document management part of free plan?
Yes. Document Management is available as part of our free plan. Now you can browse and attach files from Zoho Docs and Google Drive.
2. Can I have more disk space for an existing plan if it exceeds the allocated limit ?
Yes. If your disk space exceeds the allocated limit for an existing plan, then you may need to upgrade to a higher plan or send a request to support[at]zohoprojects[dot]com to increase your disk space in the same plan.
3. How can I import my files from Google Docs into Zoho BugTracker?
In the Documents tab, click Upload and then click Google Drive, to upload documents from Google. Learn More.
4. What happens If I upload a different filename using the Upload latest version option?
If you upload a file with a different name or file type a warning message will be displayed.
5. Do you support sub-folders in Zoho Projects?
Yes, we support sub-folders for organizing your files. Learn More
6. Can I download a folder?
Yes, you can download any folder. Learn More.
7. Can I delete files in bulk?
Yes, you can delete files in bulk. Learn More.
8.Is it possible to move a file from one folder to another?
Yes, you can move a file from one folder to another. Learn More.
9.Can I restore deleted files?
Yes, you can restore any deleted file from Trash.
10.Can I upload a folder?
Yes, you can upload a folder in any project.
1. What is a Business Rule? How can I define business rules for my project?
Business Rule is a filter that is applied to all your bugs. You can define Business Rules that will enable you to organize the bugs and perform action such as changing the severity, status, module, classification and assigning the bug to a user. Business Rule will be triggered when the bug is created and whenever there is an update in that bug. Learn More.
2. Can I create modules for the bugs?
Yes. The portal administrator is the only one who can create a module for the bugs. In addition, we've provided options to edit / delete and reorder your modules. Learn More.
3. How to set status and workflow for the bugs?
You can create an issue status for bugs based on your requirement such as Open, In Progress, Resolved, Closed, Reopen and so on. And you can configure it's workflow too. Learn More.
4. Can I associate a bug with an existing milestone?
Yes. You can associate a bug to an existing milestone when submitting an issue. Learn More.
5. Is there a consolidated view to see the bugs filed by me / assigned for me?
Yes. My Bugs view provides a consolidated view of bugs filed by you or assigned to you in a project.
6. Can I file a bug directly from my email for a project?
Yes. You can file bugs directly from your email for a project.
- Go to the Bugs tab and in the footer you can find a default email for bugs.
- Click this email id and start filing bugs for your project.
7.Can I set permissions for client to view the bugs filed in a project?
Yes. You can set permissions for clients. Bugs can be assigned to client users only when Assign external Bugs to client users is selected. Learn More.