How do I delete a credit note that has already been closed?
A closed credit note implies that the amount due to the customer has been paid, either through a direct refund or by applying the credits to an invoice. To delete this credit note, you need to first cancel this payment.
To do this,
- Scroll down to the Sales tab on the home page of Zoho Books, and open the concerned credit note.
- Sort through Closed credit notes and open the concerned one.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of this note to view the refund or applied credits.
- Hover over the payment to view the trash can icon next to it.
- Clicking on this icon will delete the applied credit, and convert the credit note back to Open.
Now, click on More -> Delete to delete this credit note permanently.