I am doing business with a customer who prefers to communicate in Spanish. How do I get the invoices, estimates, reminders, etc. to be in Spanish?
In Zoho Books, you can associate a language to a contact. This includes:
- Modifying the portal language.
- Creating templates for invoices, estimates, reminders etc.
- Creating workflows specific to language-associated contacts
Let’s take the above example where your customer prefers all communication in Spanish.
Choosing Spanish as Portal Language
In order to choose Spanish as default portal language for the contact, kindly follow the below mentioned steps:
- Click on the Contacts tab on the left sidebar.
- Select the contact for whom you would like to associate Spanish as the portal language.
- Click on the Edit button on the top right of the contact-details screen.
- Scroll down to Other Details and choose the language of the customer’s choice from the Portal Language drop-down.
Setting up Invoice Template in Spanish
In order to set the invoice template in Spanish, kindly follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Gear icon on the top-right corner and select Templates.
- In the page that follows, select Invoices.
- Click on the + New button present on the top-right.
- A window will display all the available templates.
- Hover your mouse over the template of your choice, and click on the Use This button.
- In the window that follows, enter a name (optional) for your template, and choose a language from the Template Language drop-down.
- Click on the Use This button to continue.
- The following screen will allow you to edit the properties of your template. Use the Preview button to view your changes in place. Once you’re done, Click on the Save button for the changes to take effect.
Setting up Email Templates in Spanish
You can do this for Email templates as well. To set up your email templates in Spanish, kindly follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Gear icon on the top-right corner and select Email Templates.
- Click on the + New button present on the top-right corner.
- A New Email Template window will appear on the screen.
- Enter the content of your email and click Save for the changes to take effect.
Setting up Payment Reminders in Spanish
Apart from setting email templates, you can also set up payment reminders in other languages and associate them to specific contacts.
The first step in the process is to create an email alert. To create an email alert, kindly follow the instructions below:
- Click on the Gear icon present on the top-right corner of the page and select Automation.
- Go to the Email Alerts section.
- Click on the + New Email Alert button.
- Enter a name for the Email Alert. In this case, the purpose of the email Alert is to send a payment reminder to a contact whose contact language is Spanish.
- Select a module, say the Invoice module.
- Click on the Email Template drop-down and select the + Add New Email Template option.
- Add recepients for this automated email in Email Recipients. You can add multiple recipients. You can also add Additional Recipients whose email addresses are not recorded in your Zoho Books account.
- Enter the content of the template in the selected language and click on Save and Select button.
- Now, click on the Save button to save your newly created Email Alert.
The next and final step is to create a workflow rule, where a payment reminder is send for invoices created for customers whose contact language is Spanish.
- Under the Automation section, click on the Workflow Rules tab.
- Click on the + New Workflow Rule button.
1. Name your Workflow
Workflow name: Give your workflow a name.
2. Choose When to Trigger
Workflow type: Event Based
When an Invoice is: Created
3. Filter the Triggers
When -> Customer Language -> is -> Espanol
Click Next and check the Would you like to add time-based action? option.
Execution time: 5 -> Days > Before -> Due Date
Email Alert -> Spanish - Payment Reminder
Click on the Save button to save the workflow rule created. This will trigger a payment reminder (in Spanish), five days before the due date, for all the customers whose contact language is Espanol.
Once you’ve set up the invoice and email templates, you can associate these templates by following the instructions below:
- Click on the Contacts tab on the left sidebar.
- Select the contact to which you would like to associate Spanish template.
- Click on the More drop-down and select the Associate Templates option.
- Click on the approriate drop-downs under each template and choose the newly created Spanish Template.
- Click on the Save button for the changes to take effect.
This action will allow you to send customized invoices and emails to that particular customer.
Note: You can also create workflows based on the language, i.e. you can create workflows for contacts who are assigned a specific language.