Other Actions for Items
There are a host of functions that can be performed upon the items in Zoho Books.
You can change details of an existing item in Zoho Books.
- Go to Items and select the item that you want to edit.
- Click the Pen icon on top of the page.
- Make the changes in the item details and click Save.
Any changes made to the items do not affect any previous transactions.
In Zoho Books, you can create another item with similar details directly by cloning an existing item. Here’s how:
- Go to Items and select the item you want to clone.
- Click More > Clone Item.
- Make necessary changes in the New Item page.
- Click Save to create the new item.
Mark as Inactive
If you no longer want to use an item in Zoho Books, you can choose to mark it as inactive. This is a better alternative to deleting the item permanently.
To mark an item as inactive:
- Go to Items and select the item you want to mark as inactive.
- Click More > Mark as Inactive. To make the item active again, click More > Mark as Active from the same page.
You can export items from Zoho Books on to your system in the CSV, XLS or XLSX format. Here’s how:
- Go to Items and click the Hamburger icon on top of the page.
- Click Export Items.
- If you want to export only certain fields, you can select a template under Fields in Export File. If you don’t have an export template, you can create a new one by clicking + Add New.
- Select the export file format under the Export As field.
- To export any Personally Identifiable Information (PII), mark the box Include Sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (PII) while exporting.
- Enter a Password if you would like to secure your file.
- Click Export.