Add a Bank Account or Credit Card Account
- Accounts Connected with Bank Feeds Automatically
- Bank Feeds
- Manually Adding Accounts
In Zoho Books, you can track your transactions, have manual and automatic feeds imported for your bank and credit card accounts.
Accounts can be added either by,
- Connecting with Bank Feeds automatically.
- Manually importing statements and recording transactions.
Navigate to the Banking module and click on the Add Bank or Credit Card button, placed in the overview screen of the Banking module.
Accounts Connected with Bank Feeds Automatically
Zoho Books can be connected with more than a thousand banks and credit cards readily available from different regions across the globe. Enter the name of a Bank or Credit Card that you would like to connect with Zoho Books and select from the drop down.
- Some popular banks are also listed below the search field.
After selecting the bank or credit card, enter the login credentials for the account to be connected with Zoho Books. This will automatically fetch bank feeds into your account.
Enter the login credentials
Select the account that you would like to connect with Zoho Books. Select a date to download transaction history, transaction history from the last 90 days can be downloaded into Zoho Books. Select the currency and continue.
Now, your account is connected with Zoho Books. Your transactions from the selected date will be automatically imported and for transactions before the selected date period or historic transactions, you can always import statements into your account by selecting the Import Statement option.
P.S.: Zoho Books works with a third party service provider called Yodlee, a major online banking solutions service provider. Yodlee collaborates with several banks to provide bank feeds. Zoho Books does not store any of your login credentials.
Once you add an account from the list of banks available, bank feeds will be automatically enabled by default.
To identify if the bank feed in your account has been activated or not, just check on the bank feed icon present next to the account name.
For your account with bank feeds you can,
Login credentials of your bank account is very important for the bank feeds to be fetched into your account. Some cases where it will be necessary to update your credentials are,
- You have changed your login credentials.
- Requested for a new password from your bank.
Refresh Bank Feeds
For non-MFA bank accounts, bank feeds are fetched every 24 hours into your account automatically. If your bank feeds are not fetched automatically, it could be due to a temporary glitch. You can refresh the bank feeds manually. However, manual refresh is limited to once a day.
Some banks adopt MFA for security purposes. If your bank adopts MFA, you will have to manually refresh the feeds.
What is MFA?
Multi-Factor Authentication is an authentication approach which requires the presentation of two or more authentication factors like questions, images and code verification. Unless the authentication is cleared the bank will not allow Zoho Books to automatically fetch the feeds.
To manually refresh bank feeds:
- Go to Banking module and select your bank account.
- Click on the Settings Icon from the bank account.
- Select the Refresh Feeds from the drop down.
- If you are asked for additional credentials, enter them and click on the Continue button.
Note: When bank feeds are fetched, either automatically or manually, they will be fetched only till yesterday. That means for today, you will be able to see the bank feeds only till yesterday.
Deactivate Bank Feeds
You can deactivate bank feeds if you do not want it to be fetched from your bank.
- Navigate to the Banking module and select the account you wish deactivate feeds for.
- Click the Settings icon and select Update Credentials for updating the bank login credentials.
- Select Refresh Feeds to refresh the bank feeds or select Deactivate Feeds.
If the bank or credit card you are searching for is not listed or unrecognised, you can always manually add them.
Manually Adding Accounts
Sometimes, the bank or credit card you are searching for might not be available. In this case, you can manually add those accounts and import statements.
- Navigate to the Banking module and click on the Add Bank or Credit Card button.
- Click on the Enter your account manually button, to add an account manually.
If you wish to manually add a Bank accounts, select Bank option from the Select Account Type tab.
|Account Name||The name of your bank account that will be displayed in the transaction pages.|
|Currency||Currency in which the bank account transactions are handled. You can select the currency from the drop down.|
|Account Number||Account number provided by the bank to your account.|
|Bank Name||Name of the bank which holds the account.|
|Routing Number||Routing number is an exclusive identification number assigned to banking institutions by the American Bankers Association (ABA).|
Credit Card Account
If you wish to manually add a Credit Card account, select the Credit Card option from the Select Account Type tab.
|Account Name||The name of your credit card account that will be displayed in the transaction pages.|
|Currency||Currency in which the credit card account transactions are handled. You can select the currency from the drop down.|
|Bank Name||Name of the bank which issued the credit card you hold.|
Now import statements into the manually created account. Click on the Import Statement button to import. Zoho Books supports CSV, TSV, OFX, QIF and CAMT.053 format files to be imported as statements.
In the import statement window,
- Choose a file to be uploaded in one of the supported file formats (CSV,TSV,OFX,QIF and CAMT.053).
Click the dropdown under the Amount Column Type section:
- Select Double Column if your import file has two different columns recording deposits and withdrawals in it.
- Select Single Column and Amount Type if your import file has a single column indicating a debit (withdrawal) or a credit (deposit) transaction and a separate column for the amount.
- Select Single Column with Negative Values if your import file has just one column where positive values indicate deposits and negative values indicate withdrawals.
Select the encoding of your choice and click Next.
Match the fields with the Import File Headers and hit Next.
Check the preview and select Import.
To know more about importing files, click here.
P.S: Download the sample file provided to have an insight on the perfect import file.
Manually added accounts can be enabled with automatic bank feeds too. Connect the bank or credit card from the list provided with the manually created account.
- Select the account for which you wish to enable automatic bank feeds.
- Navigate to the Settings icon and select the Automatic Import option.
- Search for the bank which you would like to connect with the manually created account. Enter the account credentials and connect.