All appointment-scheduling apps have a freemium plan. The idea of a freemium plan is that it helps solopreneurs and small businesses get started with automated appointment scheduling without worrying about subscription costs. However, not every free plan is the same in their capabilities. Businesses should do as much research on them as they do on paid plans.
In your preliminary research, you can see whether the free plan has the essential features you need, such as:
Essential features of an appointment scheduling app
- The ability to set up work and off hours with flexibility.
- An external calendar sync to eliminate double-booking.
- The ability to create different types of services, so customers can book the specific service they need.
- A booking page that lets customers see your availability and book appointments.
- Notifications and reminders to keep you and customers updated about appointments.
- Built-in online meeting capabilities so you can book appointments with clients across the globe
- iPaaS (e.g., Zapier, Zoho Flow) integration, to connect to the other apps you use.