I bought kits from my vendor. How do I unpack it to resell the individual items?
Item Adjustment serves as another work around in place of the unbox button for unpacking (or unbundling) the items.
Once you purchase kits from your vendor, you can bulk adjust the quantity of the composite item and its constituents accordingly in Zoho Inventory.
- Record the purchase of the kits. Learn how.
- Go to the Item Adjustment tab under the Items module.
- Open a new item adjustment page.
- Fill up the mandatory fields.
- Add the composite item as a line item and enter its quantity in a negative value (representing the number of kits you are unpacking).
- Now, add all the components that comprise the kit and enter the quantity to be increased for each item (Tip: Quantity to enter = Quantity of the item used in the kit * Number of kits unpacked).
- Hit Save to create an item adjustment.
This increases the stock level of the individual components and decreases the number of kits indicating that the kits have been unpacked and its components restored.