Frequently Asked Questions on VAT

 Back to FAQ

As a taxable person, can I request a refund any time I want to?

No, you must request a refund within 5 years from the end of the year in which any of these qualifying conditions have taken place:

  • There is an excess deductible net tax per tax return. The excess tax can be carried forward by the taxpayer to the next tax period.
  • The taxpayer’s VAT payment exceeds the net tax payable amount.
  • There’s excess recoverable net tax when the taxpayer has applied for deregistration.
Get your business VAT ready with Zoho Books, an easy to use accounting software