What kinds of imported goods are exempt from VAT?
Goods that are imported into the Kingdom of Bahrain are exempt from VAT if they are:
- Goods that are exempt from taxes or zero-rated in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Special needs equipment.
- Diplomatic and/or military equipment.
- Personal luggage and household appliances brought by citizens residing abroad who are going to reside in the Kingdom of Bahrain for the first time.
- Imports of returned goods.
- Personal items and/or gifts in travellers’ luggage.