What are the contents of the GSTR-3B report?
On the GSTR-3B, you will have to provide your GSTIN and legal name, and complete other tax-related sub-sections. The values that you need to fill under each section is auto-generated in Zoho Books and is available as GSTR-3B Summary report under the Reports module.
1. Details of your sales and purchases which are liable for reverse charge
- In this section, you will have to enter the total taxable value (equal to the value of invoices + debit notes - credit notes + advance tax received), IGST, CGST, SGST, and cess for the following,
- Sales supplies (zero rated)
- Sales supplies (other than zero rated, nil rated and exempted)
- Other sales supplies (nil rated and exempted)
- Purchase supplies liable for reverse charge
- Non-GST sales supplies (for example, petrol)
- Cess is applicable to certain industries such as automobiles and tobacco. If your business is not involved in selling such goods, there’s no need to enter cess-related details.
- Zero-rated supply includes export of goods and/or services or supply of goods and/or services to an SEZ developer or SEZ unit. It’s important to remember that nil-rated and exempted goods and/or services under GST are not the same. Nil-rated products are not taxed at the time of sale, but input tax credit can still be claimed for them. Exempted products are not taxed at the point of sale, and no input tax credit can be claimed for them.
2. Details of inter-state sales made to unregistered buyers, buyers registered under the composition scheme, and UIN (Unique Identification Number) holders
- In this section, you will have to fill in details regarding the place of supply, total taxable value, and IGST for the following:
- Supplies made to unregistered people
- Supplies made to Composition Taxable people
- Supplies made to UIN holders
- Unique Identification Number (UIN) holders include the following:
- Any specialized agency related to the United Nations Organization
- Consulates or embassies of foreign countries
- Multilateral Financial Institutions or Organizations included under the United Nations Organizations Privileges and Immunities Act of 1947
- Any person or group of people who have been designated by the Commissioner to receive a UIN.
3. Eligible ITC (Input Tax Credit)
- Your final tax payment and credits will be calculated based on your income tax credit (ITC). In this section, you will have to enter details about the following:
- ITC available (whether in full or part): Enter the tax amounts related to import of goods, import of services, inward supplies liable for reverse charge, inward supplies from Input Service Distributors, and all other ITC that is not included in (1) and (2), i.e- the above sections.
- ITC Reversed (per rules 43 and 44 of CGST rules): Under this you will have to furnish details regarding the utilization of goods/services for non-business purposes.
- Net ITC available: Calculate this by subtracting the reversed ITC from the available ITC.
- Ineligible ITC (per section 17(5) and others): This includes blocked credits, which occur when certain services are involved. Transportation services (if they’re not for the purpose of supplying goods), food, health services, cab services, and beauty services can all result in blocked credits.
4. Values of exempt, nil-rated, and non-GST inward supplies
- Under this sub-section, the taxpayer should enter taxation details for inter-state and intra-state supplies. This includes supplies purchased from a supplier under the Composition Scheme, and exempt, nil-rated and non-GST inward supplies.
5. Payment of tax
- This sub-section is where you will enter the overall tax amounts to be paid for CGST, SGST, IGST, and cess. Include the overall tax payable, tax paid through ITC, tax paid with respect to TDS/TCS, tax/cess that was paid in cash, interest, and late fee.
6. TDS/TCS credit
- Enter the corresponding values of IGST, CGST, and SGST with respect to the Tax Deducted at Source and Tax Collected at Source in this section.
- After filling in all these details, the GSTR-3B form can be submitted after being signed by the authorized taxpayer.