Credit Note Preferences
In the Preferences section, you would be able to assign default terms and conditions and notes to your customers. Also, you can add additional fields to your credit notes by using our Custom Field option.
Terms & Conditions and Customer Notes
- Go to the Credit Notes module on the left sidebar.
- Click the Gear icon on the top-right corner of the page and select Preferences > Credit Notes.
- Terms & Conditions, Customer Notes: Enter the terms & conditions and customer notes to be displayed in your credit notes. This will be displayed in all the credit notes created unless you change the content at the time of creating the credit note.
Alternatively, you can also click the Gear icon on the top-right corner and choose Preferences > Credit Notes to access the preferences of the Credit Notes.
Scenario: One of Sam’s customers want to display the delivery date of the goods that were returned. So he creates a custom field with data type as Date and ensures that the specific field is displayed on the credit note raised to that particular customer.
Similarly, you can make use of the Custom Field option to add additional info to your credit notes.
To create a custom field,
- Tap the Custom Fields tab and click + New Custom Field.
- Provide a name for your custom field in the Label Name section.
- Choose the data type from the Data Type dropdown and if it contains a default value, do mention it.
- You can choose to make the custom field mandatory and display it on the PDF based on your preferences.
- Hit the Save button when you’re done.