Functions associated with Zoho Invoice contacts
Apart from transacting with your contacts, configuring client portals and performing bulk actions, there are other functions associated with your contacts in Zoho Invoice. These are,
- Stopping reminders for a contact
- Email your contacts
- Send out customer statements
- Mark your contact inactive
- Assign a Contact Owner
- Bulk actions
- Adding Comments to Contacts
- Adding multiple addresses to contacts
Stopping Reminders for a Contact
Zoho Invoice provides you an option of sending automated payment due reminders to your customers. These reminders can be configured from the Settings module for pre-defined durations as desired. You can stop these reminders for specific contacts to whom you don’t wish to send these reminders. To stop reminders for specific contacts, follow these steps.
Go to Contact Section on the Home page.
Select the contact for which you wish to stop payment reminders.
Click on the Settings button provided on the top right of the contact detail page and select Stop Reminders from the drop down options provided. Payment reminders will now be stopped for this contact. You can enable the reminders incase you wish to by following similar steps as above.
Emailing a Contact
You can quickly send an email to the contact in Zoho Invoice. Click on the More button provided on the top right of the contact detail page and select Email button. A new window opens,
Here you can add or select from the pre defined contact email address.
Provide subject matter and write the email body text. Use the rich text editor to customize the email as per your wish. You also have the provision of adding customer statement if you wish.
In case you wish to attach some other document click on the attachment icon and browse to the desired file. Click on Send.
Publish and send out customer statements
You can send a transaction statement of a desired period to the contact very easily. Click on the Statement tab from the Contact overview page, and select the period for which you wish to generate the statement. You can later export the statement as PDF, and email it to your contact. You can also send the list of unpaid invoices along with the statement.
Send list of unpaid Invoices
- You can choose to attach the list of unpaid invoices while sending a Statement to your customers. You can do this by selecting the Attach unpaid invoices list option, before sending the email to your customer.
Mark a contact as inactive
If you don’t want to permanently delete a contact but would like to shelf the contact for the time being, you can change the contact’s status to inactive. This ensures that the contact can no longer be used in the various Zoho Invoice modules, but remains listed as a contact. Marking multiple contacts inactive, as a bulk action, is dealt with here, but this can also be done on an individual contact level. Here’s now,
Go to the Contacts tab and select the particular contact you want to make inactive.
Click on the settings icon shaped like a gear, and select the option Mark as inactive.
The selected contact has now been deactivated. Please note that contacts having recurring invoices associated with them cannot be marked inactive.
The deactivated contact can be restored active again by following the exact same steps.
Assign a Contact Owner
There might be a scenario where you want an employee of your organization to take care of all the transactions pertaining to a specific set of customers.
In Zoho Invoice, you can assign a user as the contact owner for a customer. This allows the user to create, view or edit transactions only for that contact.
You can assign a contact owner for a contact using either of these methods:
- While creating a contact, select a user from the drop-down against the Contact Owner field.
- You can also assign a contact owner in the contact details page by clicking on the More option on the top right corner and selecting Assign Contact Owner from the drop-down.
- Select multiple customers, click on the More Actions option and select Assign Contact Owner.
Note: Only active restricted users can be assigned as a contact owner. Also, a contact can have only one contact owner.
Click here to learn more about user segmentation in Zoho Invoice.
Add comments to contacts
Do you want to store important information related to a contact? You can now add them as comments to your contacts for internal reference only. You can add multiple comments, for any reason, depending on your requirement.
To add a comment to your contact:
- Open the contact from the Contacts module.
- Click on Comments, available next to the Overview option.
- Once you are done typing the comment, click on Add comment.
Note: These comments won’t be visible in your invoices or bills but you can view them in the Comments section under the contact or in the contact’s activities section.
Adding multiple addresses to contacts
Jessica is a businesswoman who owns a business that manufactures and delivers customized curtains for offices. She uses Zoho Invoice for her invoicing. She just landed a huge client, who has offices all over the country, which means she will have to deliver the goods to multiple addresses.
In this case, you can add multiple addresses, apart from the Billing and Shipping addresses, to your contacts.
Note: To be able to add an additional address, Billing and Shipping addresses should not be left blank.
To add an additional address, follow these steps:
- Open the contact for whom you wish to add the address, from the Contacts module.
- Click on Add additional address option, available below the Shipping address as shown in the image below:
- Type in the address and don’t forget to hit Save.
Note: You can add upto a maximum of ten additional addresses, excluding the default billing and shipping addresses.
- Now this address will be available as an Additional address, as shown in the image below.
Now that you have added the address, let us walk through how to add it to your transactions:
- While creating an invoice or estimate or sales order etc., once you select the customer name, the Billing and Shipping addresses will be displayed below the name.
- You can select the additional address by clicking on the Edit option available next to the addresses.
- You can add the additional address either as billing or shipping or both, by clicking on the respective edit options and selecting the additional address.
- You can also add a new address on the fly, by clicking on the Add new address option available.
- Also, you can add an address on the fly to invoices, estimates, sales orders, credit notes, retainer invoices and purchase orders.
Note: If you select the additional address as billing or shipping while creating a transaction, it won’t be made as the default billing or shipping address for the contact.
- If you wish to make changes to an address, click on the Edit option, and to delete an additional address, just click on the bin-shaped icon, available next to the address.