What are credit-only goods?
Credit-only goods are those which the seller agrees to take back but will not be counted into stock, in other words, the inventory for those items will not increase. In turn, the customer receives a credit or refund for it.
Damaged, expired or tampered goods are some of those that come under this category.
To record the return of damaged goods in Zoho Inventory:
- Open a sales order with shipped items.
- Create a new sales return.
- Enable the ‘This sales return contains credit-only goods’ option in the sales return.
- The return details section will be split into two sections: Return Quantity and Credit-Only.
- Enter the damaged count in the Credit-Only field for the item. The quantity entered here will not be taken into stock for that item.
- Click Save.