Can I obtain shipping rates from different carriers before I choose my mode of shipment?
When you ship your goods using a shipment provider, you can get rates from all the shipping channels you have integrated with. To do so:
- Create a package.
- Open the package slip.
- Click on the Ship button.
- Choose the Ship via Carrier option in the drop down to proceed.
- The shipment page will open up.
- By default the From address will be the address of your organization and the To address will be the shipping address of the customer that you have stored in contacts.
- The Package field will also be automatically populated with the package number of the concerned package you ship.
- You can verify address and you can also Change address if the need arises by clicking on the options below the address field. (Note: Only US addresses can be verified)
- Enter the Shipment order and the shipment date either the ones for your reference or the ones provided by your shipper in the Shipment Order# tab and ship date tab.
- Choose a standard parcel type or add a custom one.
- On choosing a custom package, you have to provide the package dimensions in the respective fields.
- Enter the weight of the product.
- Choose other options like Saturday delivery, signature option and Cash on delivery if applicable
- Click on the Get Rates button to get current shipment rates for the package.
- The rates from shipping services will be displayed below.
- You can also choose to recalculate rates, if you wish to make any changes by clicking on the Recalculate Charges button.
- After making your choices, click on the Save button to successfully create a shipment.