To enable Australian tax support, you must have chosen Australia as your country while creating the organization in Zoho Expense.
Perform the following steps to create tax for your organization.
- Click the Settings module under the Admin section on the left sidebar.
- Go to Taxes tab.
- Check the box if you have registered for GST and mention your Australian Business number.
- Click on Save to enable taxes for your expenses.
To add a new tax:
- Click on the + New tax button located on the top right corner of the page.
- Provide a tax name and percentage in the pop-up that follows.
- Click Save to save your new added tax.
For some expenses, it is required to levy multiple taxes. As a result, it becomes easier if we can sum up these taxes under a tax group. To create a tax group:
- Click on + New tax group option located on the top right corner of the page.
- Provide a name for the tax group and Select the taxes which you wish to combine.
- Click Save to save your newly created tax group.