I’m not able to find the Mark as Unfiled button in a BAS return. How else can I mark a BAS return as unfiled?
You will not be able to find the Mark as Unfiled option in the following cases:
- The tax payment/claim has already been associated to a BAS return. In this case, the recorded payment or claim has to be deleted. Here’s how you can delete the recorded payment or claim:
- Click Accountant on the left sidebar and select Tax Payments from the dropdown.
- Switch over to the Payment History tab.
- Hover over a payment and click the trash icon.
- Click OK.
- The BAS return has already been generated. You should delete the BAS reports that were generated as a result of the BAS return (along with the payments) to access the Mark as Filed option in your BAS return. Here’s how:
- Go to the Reports module on the left sidebar.
- In the Taxes section, select BAS.
- Click the dropdown to the right of the BAS return you wish to delete.
- Click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm your action.