How do I record a reimbursement expense?
You need to, first, create a reimbursement account.
- Go to the Accountant tab on the home page of Zoho Books.
- Go to the Chart of Accounts tab and select the + New Account option.
- Enter a suitable account name (say Employee reimbursement). Select Other Current Liabilities as the account type from the Account Type drop down.
- Write a short description if you so desire and click Save.
Now you’ll have to record the expense.
- Go to the Purchases tab on the home page of Zoho Books and scroll down to Expenses.
- Select the + button to record a new Expense.
- Choose a suitable account under Expense Account and make sure to select the reimbursement account you created (Employee Reimbursement) under the Paid Through field..
You can now record the reimbursement.
- Go to the Expense tab and click the + button to record a new Expense.
- After entering the expense amount and expense account, click Save to record the expense.