Contacts can be filtered and viewed in two ways, either according to level of activity, or according to what category they fall under. Contacts belonging to any one such type can be viewed separately by going to the contacts tab, clicking on the drop down arrow above the contact list and selecting the type of contacts you want shown up on your screen. The various types are briefly explained,
1) According to Category:-
- Customers – These refer to your customers, the contacts you sell your goods/service to. The contact was specified as a customer during creation.
- Vendors – These refer to the contacts who supply goods/services to you. Vendor status was assigned to them during contact creation.
- CRM contacts - CRM Customers / CRM Vendors – These are the contacts that you have imported into Zoho Books from Zoho CRM.
- Vendors - Reorder Items – These Vendors include your Preferred vendors, whom you have selected to purchase from. When the quantity of an item drops below the reorder point, you can order the items from your preferred vendors, available in this list of contacts.
- GAPP contacts – In case your Zoho Books is integrated with your google account, your google contacts will be shown up under this heading.
2) According to level of activity:-
- Active – Active contacts are those with whom transactions are taking place or about to take place. As such, all contacts have de facto Active status unless marked inactive.
- Inactive – This status is assigned to the contacts which have been manually marked as inactive, or whose transactions have been transferred to a Master contact after merging.
- Duplicate – This refers to contacts which have been duplicated. These are commonly created when contacts already existing in Zoho Books are imported from Zoho CRM.
- Client Portal Enabled – These contacts include all those customers, for whom you have enabled the client portal access.
- Client Portal Disabled – These contacts include all those customers, for whom you have NOT enabled the client portal access.
- Overdue Customers – This list includes those customers, whose invoices are still unpaid, past the due date.
- Unpaid Customers – These customers have invoices, which are yet to be paid.