- Enter pre-recorded time for the hours spent on the task
- Start and Stop a real-time counter on performing a task.
Logging Time for Tasks
Once the tasks are created for a project, you can start logging time for those tasks when they are worked upon.
- Select the project that you created from the Projects window.
- Click on the Log Time button placed on top of the project dashboard.
You can log time in two methods.
(i) Enter pre-recorded time for the hours spent on the task.
(ii) Start and Stop a real-time counter on performing a task.
Enter Pre-Recorded Time for the Hours Spent on the Task
- Enter the Date on which the task was performed.
- Select the task from the Task Name drop down.
Enter the hours spent on the particular task in the Time Spent field.
You can also record by entering the start and end time of the task, click on Set start and end time instead placed below the Time Spent field.
Billable box is checked by default. If you do not wish for that particular time entry to be billed, check the Billable box off.
Add any notes, if necessary, and select the User for whom the time is logged from the drop down.
P.S: The option to select users will be available only for Admin users.
Click on Save.
Start and Stop a Real-Time Counter on Performing a Task
- Enter the Date and select the Task Name.
- Check the Billable box off if you do not wish to bill the task and select the User.
Now click on Start Timer present next to the Save button.
You can find the timer running at the left-bottom corner of your browser.
When done with your task, simply click on the timer to stop.
You can also stop the timer by clicking on the blue Stop button present next to the task under the Timesheet tab inside your project dashboard.