Why am I facing trouble while connecting to a Linux computer?
Remote connections could not be established with your customer's Linux computer as it uses Wayland.
Remote support sessions are possible on Linux computers that use Xorg.
Here's what you could do to establish the remote connection with the Linux computer.
To disable Wayland :
- Remote connections cannot be established in Fedora OS 25 and above, if Wayland is enabled instead of Xorg. You can establish the remote connection by disabling Wayland.
- Open file /etc/gdm/custom.conf in a text editor.
- Uncomment the line: "#WaylandEnable=false" (remove the # before the line).
- Save the file and reebot the system.
- If you're working with Fedora/Ubuntu, make sure you select Ubuntu on Xorg while logging into the remote computer.
|Unable to resolve this issue?|
If you feel this article is incomplete or does not contain the information required to help you resolve the issue, fill up the details and submit the form given below. Our support team will contact you shortly.
* Mandatory Fields