Embedding Views in Web Pages, Web Applications and Blogs
Zoho Analytics allows you to easily embed any view such as a table, report or dashboards in a website, web application, blog or an intranet page. You can embed views with a secured login (with login) or a private permalink (without login) or with public access. Users visiting the webpage will be able to see the latest live version of the view and any changes that you make to the view will automatically get reflected in the embeded version as well.
- What are the reports that I can embed in my website/blog?
- What are the access modes available when embedding a report/dashboard?
- What is the difference between embedding with secured login and private URL/permalink?
- How to embed a report/dashboard with Secured login?
- How to embed a report/dashboard with Private URL/permalink?
- How to embed a report/dashboard with Public access?
- What are the interaction options that are supported in an embedded report/dashboard?
- I regenerated the random key, I cannot access my previously embedded views. What should I do?
- What are the permissions that can be granted while embedding the report/dashboard?
- How do I edit the permission of the embedded view?
- How do I remove the access of the embed reports?
- Can I pass a dynamic filter while embedding the view?
You can embed all the views such as tables, charts, pivots, tabular view, summary view, query tables and dashboards that you create using Zoho Analytics. To embed a view created in Zoho Analytics, you need to get the corresponding HTML code snippet generated for the view by Zoho Analytics and paste them within the <body>...</body> HTML tags of the destination page. Refer to this question to learn about generating a HTML snipet.
The following are the three access models that you can choose while embedding a report/dashboard.
- Embedding with Secured Login (with login): This is the most secure mode of embedding a view. Only the users with whom you have shared the report will be able to view it upon logging into Zoho Analytics.
- Embedding with Private permalink (without login): When this setting is selected Zoho Analytics will generate a embed URL (within an iframe code) which will contain a big randomly generated private key (private link), making them secure and very hard (if not impossible) to guess. Users can view the embedded report without logging in to Zoho Analytics. Please do note that this optionis available only in the premium and enterprise plans of Zoh Reports.
- Embedding with Public Access: In case you want your embedded report to be accessible to all the users who visit your web page and do not require any random key based link generation or logging into Zoho Analytics, you can use this access mode.
Embedding with secured login allows the highest level of security to the embedded view. When you embed the view with "Private Access with Login", then it would prompt for the users to login to Zoho Analytics to access the embedded view. Also, only users to whom you have shared the view would be able to access the embedded view, on successful login.
When you embed a report with "Private Access without Login", Zoho Analytics will generate a private permalink making it secure and very hard to guess. Users need not login to Zoho Analytics to view the embedded report. Although this is secure, the randomly generated key is not impossible to guess.
In case you want your embedded report to be accessible to all the users who visit your web page and do not require any random key based link generation or logging into Zoho Analytics, you can use the public access mode.