Import data from Greenplum
If you have your data stored in Greenplum database, then you can easily import your data into Zoho Analytics for reporting & analysis.
- How do I import data from Greenplum local database?
- How can I edit the setup?
- How long does it take for the data to be imported into Zoho Analytics?
- How can I schedule import from Greenplum local database?
- Will I be notified on import failures?
- Will foreign keys defined between my tables in the Greenplum database be linked in Zoho Analytics as well?
- Can I change the data type of the columns in Zoho Analytics?
- I have synced data from a database into a table. Can I change the data source of this table?
- Can I import data from Greenplum database into an existing Zoho Analytics workspace?
- How do I remove the setup?
You can edit the import setup anytime needed by following the steps below.
- Open the Workspace.
- Click Data Source from the left bar.
- All data sources for this Workspace will be listed. Click the Greenplum data source you want to edit.
- The Data Source page will open. Modify the settings as needed.
After setup, you might have to wait sometime for the initial fetch to happen. This depends upon the amount of data to be imported into Zoho Analytics and also the response time of your local database. You will receive an email notification once the import is complete. Please note that if you access the workspace before the initial fetch, it will not display any data.
Zoho Analytics allows you to schedule the import anytime. You can schedule the import for an existing table by following the steps below.
- Open the workspace.
- Click Data Source from the side panel.
- All data sources for this workspace will be listed. Click the required Greenplum data source.
- The Data Source page will open. Click the Sync Settings button.
- The Local Database - Synchronization Settings will open.
- Select the schedule interval you need in the Repeat drop-down. Supported intervals are:
- Not Scheduled
- Every 'N' Hours
- Every Day
- Weekly Once
- Monthly Once
- Select when the data need to be imported in Perform option.
- In the Notify me after every 'N' Import Failure (s) option, set the number of consecutive import failure after which you need to be notified.
- Click Save. The data for your Greenplum will be imported into Zoho Analytics in the set interval.
You can also schedule the import during initial import setup, using the Schedule Setting option in the Step 4 of Import Wizard.
Yes, you will be notified after consecutive import failure, in case it occurs. You can set the number of consecutive import failures after which you need to be notified in the Notify me after every 'N' Import Failure (s) option of the schedule import.
6. Will foreign keys defined between my tables in the Greenplum be linked in Zoho Analytics as well?
When importing multiple tables, the foreign keys defined between the tables in Greenplum will be linked in Zoho Analytics. The foreign keys will be created as Look-up columns in Zoho Analytics.
If you import data from one table at a time (using the single table option) then the foreign keys will not be defined. However, you can manually link the tables in Zoho Analytics using the Look-up column feature. Click here to learn about the Look-up column feature.
Yes, you can change the data type of the columns imported into Zoho Analytics. However it is necessary that the data type of your column is compatible with the data type of the column in your Greenplum for successful data synchronizations. It is always recommended that you change the data type in both your Greenplum as well as your Zoho Analytics workspace.
Yes, you can change the data source of the table into which the Greenplum has been synced.
Follow the below steps to import if the source is available in the same Greenplum that is imported into the table.
- Open the workspace. Select the Import Data option from the side panel and click Import into this Table.
- The Select Data to Import tab of the Import wizard will open.
- You can choose to import from a different table using the Select Table option or import using the Custom Query option.
Follow the below steps to import data if the source is available in a different local database.
- Open the workspace and select the Data Source option from the side panel.
- All data sources for this workspace will be listed. Select the data source you wish to edit, and click Edit connection in the page that appears.
- In the Local Database - Edit Connection dialog that opens, modify the data source.
Yes. Follow the below steps to import data into an existing workspace:
- Open the workspace into which you wish to import the data.
- Navigate through Create > New Table / Import Data.
- Click the Local Databases option.
Configuring the import will be similar to the steps followed in this presentation.
To remove the setup,
- Open the required workspace and click Data Source tab from the side panel. The Data Source page will open.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select Remove Data Source from the drop-down menu that opens.
Please note that the data source connection will be removed, but the tables and the data will be retained in the workspace. As the data source connected is removed, no further synchronization will happen.