Importing Data from Files and Feeds
Often you would already have data locally stored in tabular file formats like CSV, XLS (Excel), JSON, and HTML files. The data in such formats could also be available as a URL or Web feed or even some application generated. Zoho Analytics offers easy import and copy-paste options of such data for jump-starting your reporting and analysis. This section explains how to import data into Zoho Analytics.
Watch the below video to get a quick overview on importing data from files and feeds into Zoho Analytics.
- What are the file formats that can be imported into Zoho Analytics?
- What are the sources from which I can import data into Zoho Analytics using the files and feeds option?
- How do I import data from a CSV file into Zoho Analytics?
- How do I import data from Excel into Zoho Analytics?
- How do I import data from an HTML file into Zoho Analytics?
- How do I import data from JSON into Zoho Analytics?
- How do I import data from XML into Zoho Analytics?
- How can I import data using an OData feed?
- How can I Import data from a Local File?
- How can I Import data from a web URL?
- How can I Import data from an FTP Server?
- How can I Import data by pasting data in Import wizard?
- Can I import data into an existing table?
- How do I set custom date format?
- Can I map a column from my file into a column in Zoho Analytics table while importing?
- Can I re-fetch/schedule data import?
- Why do I see Warning Details in Import Summary?
- How do I set On Import Error options?
- Can I retain the relational data modeling from my source?
- Can I schedule importing data?
Zoho Analytics supports importing data from the following sources.
2. What are the sources from which I can import data into Zoho Analytics using the Files and Feeds option?
Zoho Analytics allows you to import data from the following sources using the Files and Feeds option:
Yes, you can import data into an existing table. Follow the given steps to import data into the existing table.
- Open the table into which you want to import data.
- Click the + icon next to Edit Design > Import Data / New Table. Import wizard to import data into that table will open.
Refer to the following video to know more on this.
By default, Zoho Analytics tries to identify the date format of the given date column from the data provided and display the same. If you find that to be incorrect or if Zoho Analytics had failed to recognize any date column then you can set the date format in the Format of Date Column(s) option. Refer to this link, to know more how to construct custom date format.
Yes, you can map columns while importing. In the Data Preview of the Import Setting, a drop-down will list all the columns in the Zoho Analytics table. You can choose whether this is a new column or the data need to be mapped to an existing column in the Zoho Analytics table in this drop-down.
Zoho Analytics allows you to re-fetch data or schedule import only if,
- You have imported your data from the Web or FTP server
- Your data has a column header. If your data does not have a column header you will not be able to re-fetch or schedule an import.
Specifying a wrong data type for your column will generate errors on import. Zoho Analytics will handle the errors condition as you have set in On Import Errors option.
In case of such errors, the details of the same would be shown in the Import Summary dialog.
You could specify how Zoho Analytics should handle errors condition (in case it occurs) in the Import settings dialog of Import Wizard.
The following are the possible options:
- Set Empty Value for the Column (default) - Select this option to set empty value to the corresponding column value which had problems while importing.
- Skip Corresponding Rows - Select this option to skip the corresponding rows in which an error occurs while importing.
- Don't Import the data - Select this option to abort the import process, if any error occurs during importing.
In case any error occurs during import, the details of the same would be shown in the Import Summary dialog (refer to the below question) which would be shown on Import process completion.
You cannot retain the relational data modeling from your source. However, Zoho Analytics allows you to auto join tables.
While importing a new table into an existing workspace, Zoho Analytics auto identifies columns with the same column name and datatype and provides suggestions for lookup. You can create this lookup by following the steps in the below slide.
Yes, you can schedule your import. Zoho Analytics supports scheduling import when you have stored your data in a web URL or FTP Server. It is mandatory that your data has a column header.
Refer the slide to know how to import data.